Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

DS (15) drank a bottle of wine (alone!?)

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday DH and I were working in basement bathroom.  He filled up trash can with paper towels so I grabbed bag to take it out.  It felt heavier than it should for bathroom trash.   Further analysis revealed an empty wine bottle.  

Upon questioning, our DS, 15, revealed he had drank it - or at least part of it, alone.  He said he didn't like it, didn't vomit and didn't share it with his friends.  Not sure if I believe the last part.

Kudos to him for owning up to it.  DH and I shook our heads b/c we both knew that we had experimented with alcohol at that age, in the 80's, when you certainly didn't do it at home.  Not that that was a good thing but we understand the curiosity.

DH talked to him and told him that he understood but as he gets closer to driving, these things do not mix, you can mess up your life, etc, etc.

He is a good kid and rarely steps out of line. So, my question is:

a) Do we give him a pass with the talking to this first time while laying out consequences for repeat behavior?

b) Punish him in some way? Be specific?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Replies (21-21):
mashalaz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Did he drink the whole bottle?  That part is't clear.  The mom wrote her DS said he didn't like it, so did he dump most of it?  If he did dump most of it, then I'd say it's an experiment, but I'd monitor, for sure.  If he did drink the whole thing, well, then he either lied about not liking it and/or there is something to really watch there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN