Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Moments when you just want to strangle the kid!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 10 Replies

Trying to get my 13 yr old to get up and get her self ready with out me.  Jeeezzzzeeee she is like a zombie!!!  I feel like a broken record, make sure you:

get your glasses, don't forget your homework, brush your teeth for cryin out loud, don't for get your school ID, make sure you eat breakfast, make sure you turn off all the lights!!!!!!! 

Every morning I'm yelling this from my room as I'm wishing just to get another hour of sleep.  If I get up and deal with her it just makes things worse and we get into a yelling match. 

So this morning I get up after she leaves and the lights are on in the kitchen, the milk is not in the fridge I find it later in the cabinet with the glasses!  Her flat iron is left on and next to flammable items, her room which was spotless the night before now looks like a tornedo just ripped through it!!!!!

I want to strangle this kid!!!! lol

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mango44
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't mean really do it, but just have one of those Homer and Bart moments when you wish you could!!! LOL

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I understand that completely.  Do you work?  Perhaps an earlier bedtime would be better.

MB13
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

See if you can help her make a checklist of things to do when she gets up in the morning and organize the night before as much as possible.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Sounds like my 19 year old this morning, actually I think she was running late because normaly she is really good about it but everything that could be left on was.

She'll get it momma!

PS...I would be the one putting the milk in the cupboard and the glass in the fridge :)

mango44
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Earlier bedtime would help, I need to pull her phone and computer outta the room!  Last night she was talking so loud on the phone I had to threaten to turn it off via computer.  She thinks she is an adult and can do what she wants at night.  I remember that age your now a teen and ya think you should be alowed to do what you want!!!!  Not in my house sister! lol

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I would start the night before.   Her homework, school ID, and her glasses(she must not need them 24/7 is she forgets them) can be packed up and ready to go.    Perhaps she can choose her outfit the night before as well.    As for then morning routine.....Sticky notes!   I love them.   Stick one to the bathroom mirror..Turn off Flat Iron or lose it!    Stick one on the door "Turn off the lights".

My favorite was when my teen son could not find his damn shoes!!   Who loses their shoes???   I could have throttled him.    The shoes turned up at the neighbors house...he left them there while jumping on the trampoline. smh

mango44
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

got my sticky notes ready Good dea!!!!!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I would start the night before.   Her homework, school ID, and her glasses(she must not need them 24/7 is she forgets them) can be packed up and ready to go.    Perhaps she can choose her outfit the night before as well.    As for then morning routine.....Sticky notes!   I love them.   Stick one to the bathroom mirror..Turn off Flat Iron or lose it!    Stick one on the door "Turn off the lights".

My favorite was when my teen son could not find his damn shoes!!   Who loses their shoes???   I could have throttled him.    The shoes turned up at the neighbors house...he left them there while jumping on the trampoline. smh

rkoloms
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM

My daughter packs her bag up at night. I fix breakfast and pack lunches for all three of us, and most days leave at the same time my daughter does. 

If the flat iron isn't getting unplugged, take it away for a week.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I would take away the hair flat iron away for the next day. Give it back and if she does it agin she gets 2 days on the 3rd time she leaves it on I would take it for a week. Maybe she will learn to shut it off. I say make the lists and post them. If she forgets something it is a natural consequence for her actions. I do not drive anything forgotten at home to school. And if they do not get up on time and miss the bus, first time I drive you with my pjs on, hair not done and bunny slippers on and I will walk you to your first class. Second time you walk. And there better not be a 3rd time. I have never had to do any of this. My kids know I would and are never late getting up
momma1013
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I understand completely. I have checklists posted on a wall calendar in her room AND our kitchen. She just can't seem to get it together unless we ride that butt. It wears me out! I'm her step-mom. She lives with us. I have a 2 year old and an 11 week old. SD is 14...I'm soooo tired. But I'm gonna stay on top of it and hope she thanks me later. Good luck. We have found taking the phone and iPod away does wOnders for motivation. Also, she can't do anything until she gets her chores done. And, if she has to be reminded if everything during the week, she can't spend the night, have friends over, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN