Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What words/expressions should we ban?

Posted by   + Show Post
If I hear YOLO one more time, I will scream!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Replies (301-310):
fmjohn1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I have a fewthat drive me nuts...1) all the text-message like shorthand, why can't anyone just say what they mean instead of shortening it??!!! 2) Saying WHAT for everything!  Can you do ___?  WHAT?  This just happened.  WHAT! etc. 3) Fa real though!  What is that.  4) Nigga.  Why do they even use this at all?

I'm sure there's more but they just aren't coming to mind.

JennPearce
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
When my prissy little preppy cousin says "thug life!" okay.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliesmommy1904
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

You Only Live Once. It is from a song by Drake, aka Aubrey Graham, aka Jimmy Brooks

This is all I can think when I hear/hear about "Drake."

imultracool
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Yea.... Im mocking the word. Gang-star. Get it?

Quoting BarbaraM97:

It's gangster - not gangstar

Quoting imultracool:

I want to go to a Drake concert and hold up a sign that says "Hey Jimmy wheres your wheel chair?" You cant be on a teen soap opera and be a gangstar. Sorry but no.

Quoting rkoloms:

You Only Live Once. It is from a song by Drake, aka Aubrey Graham, aka Jimmy Brooks

Quoting momcat437:

Hm, haven't heard that one...I, personally, vote to ban "I'm good"--it used to be "no, thank you"...remember that, anyone??

Treesaw972
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

"Rofl" and any talking in text abbreviations.

dragonrat
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Banning words is pointless, the english language changes all the time and if we ban new words just becuase someone don't like it we woundn't have a language with more than a few words. VOTE LET THE LANGUAGE EVOLVE =D

jacquih1126
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

My Bad!

nursesharon
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

me too!  sounds so uneducated!

Quoting melissa632:

Can we get rid of baby momma & baby daddy? It sounds so...I don't even know...juvenile, maybe? I stop listening and/or reading as soon as I see/hear it. Same goes for anywho.

nursesharon
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM

That's beast..  I hate that phrase...

AlilKittyKat
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I did not know this, thanks for sharing. I've never even heard those phrase's before this post.

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting 39holding519:

My sons use "NARP" & Nube" mostly.

These are new to me, and sent me back to Urban Dictionary. 

nube
A word used by nerds to get back at kids who don't play video games all the time. Like a reversal of the whole jock vs nerd thing, except old school nerds were smart, present day nerds just play video games.It's really pathetic when you hear someone try to diss someone else on that basis

nube
Someone so pittiful and idiotic the they have not even the megar skills to be titled a noob, they are now a nube, derived from the word nub, dervied from stub. Yes they are nothing more than what remains of a dismembered penis.

I don't spend any time with atheletes, so I would not have know this 

NARP 

Acronym for Non-Athletic Regular Person. Your schools lacrosse team probably shouts it at you while you walk by.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)