Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What words/expressions should we ban?

Posted by   + Show Post
If I hear YOLO one more time, I will scream!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
MrsErdos2011
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I hate noob!

Quoting 39holding519:

My sons use "NARP" & Nube" mostly.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Little12007
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM
7 moms liked this
I hate when people type or write like this: diz (this) wat, dat, mii (my), & when people put double letters in a word for example thiis or when they add a "z" at the end of a word instead of an "s" it annoys me so much & makes them look dumb like they can't spell or something!!!! Lol
sqrocket
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM
3 moms liked this

I think that sometimes slang can be used well. I personally really like noob, derp, and troll. That said, I hate the CM shorthand and I also hate it when people use "n" instead of "and" because I picture them talking like that and my mind immediately attaches all the stupid person stereotypes to them.

Back to CM shorthand, the worst is KWIM-there is no reason to say this even when if you type the phrase out fully. I also hate SMH and TTC. Not to mention all the random acronyms for breastfeeding.

bizzeemom2717
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh....yep I HATE that too!

Quoting Little12007:

I hate when people type or write like this: diz (this) wat, dat, mii (my), & when people put double letters in a word for example thiis or when they add a "z" at the end of a word instead of an "s" it annoys me so much & makes them look dumb like they can't spell or something!!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacheylady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM
What is the KWIM??? Sorry for being dumb, but I see it alot. Just scared to ask what it means?

Quoting sqrocket:

I think that sometimes slang can be used well. I personally really like noob, derp, and troll. That said, I hate the CM shorthand and I also hate it when people use "n" instead of "and" because I picture them talking like that and my mind immediately attaches all the stupid person stereotypes to them.

Back to CM shorthand, the worst is KWIM-there is no reason to say this even when if you type the phrase out fully. I also hate SMH and TTC. Not to mention all the random acronyms for breastfeeding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby.on.board
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Right now, I always hear "cool story bro" ...like where did that begin?? It's even on shirts now..

bizzeemom2717
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM
I didn't know what that meant until I recently asked another cm friend...it means Know What I Mean?

Quoting peacheylady:

What is the KWIM??? Sorry for being dumb, but I see it alot. Just scared to ask what it means?

Quoting sqrocket:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
1 mom liked this

I hate the terms "hubby" and "bubs", dont ask me why, I just do. Also, I dont know if all of you guys know it unless you have stepkids, but its become the new thing to call your stepkids "skids", I really dont like it, sounds gross and just cold, like their trash. I'm fine with the occassional well planned out "thats what she said", but when its every sentence and its not even a clever one, like "want to come over" "thats what she said, ahahaha", then it just gets annoying, okay, laugh, can we get through an actual conversation. I also hate KWIM, it just bugs me, just spell out the words. 

countrymomma81
3 moms liked this

I hate most slang and abbreviations. I do tend to use LOL a lot though. But laugh out loud just looks ridiculous. 

I can't stand the way people type now. All the extra letters and spelling words wrong on purpose. Don't they just realize they are setting themselves up to forget a lifetime of education?

marihla
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM
6 moms liked this

There's a sentence that instantly makes ANYONE sound like trash. I literally bite my own tongue to keep from correcting this one. Or when people say "It's mines," like that's how it's actually said. While I'm here, typing, why don't I also say how much I hate "irregardless" and "flustrated."

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

My DD has a friend who constantly says, "Alls" as in "Alls you have to do." It drives me batty for some reason and makes me want to correct her grammar each time she says it. My DD has an 8th grade history teacher who apparently says the same thing and drives my DD nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN