Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What words/expressions should we ban?

Posted by   + Show Post
If I hear YOLO one more time, I will scream!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Replies (51-60):
Marranna777
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM

OMG just like that not oh my god not oh my gosh its OMG Grrrr!

peacheylady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM
It makes sense, now that I look at it that way. Thank you!

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I didn't know what that meant until I recently asked another cm friend...it means Know What I Mean?

Quoting peacheylady:

What is the KWIM??? Sorry for being dumb, but I see it alot. Just scared to ask what it means?

Quoting sqrocket:

I think that sometimes slang can be used well. I personally really like noob, derp, and troll. That said, I hate the CM shorthand and I also hate it when people use "n" instead of "and" because I picture them talking like that and my mind immediately attaches all the stupid person stereotypes to them.

Back to CM shorthand, the worst is KWIM-there is no reason to say this even when if you type the phrase out fully. I also hate SMH and TTC. Not to mention all the random acronyms for breastfeeding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sqrocket
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM
4 moms liked this

Lol, that is exactly why I hate the CM acronyms. Using them causes other moms to feel alienated and leads to degraded communication. KWIM=Know What I Mean.

I took me the longest time just to figure out D_ (DS, DH, DD...etc.). I had a hunch it was meant to be "dear____", but I didn't want to assume.

Quoting peacheylady:

What is the KWIM??? Sorry for being dumb, but I see it alot. Just scared to ask what it means?

Quoting sqrocket:

I think that sometimes slang can be used well. I personally really like noob, derp, and troll. That said, I hate the CM shorthand and I also hate it when people use "n" instead of "and" because I picture them talking like that and my mind immediately attaches all the stupid person stereotypes to them.

Back to CM shorthand, the worst is KWIM-there is no reason to say this even when if you type the phrase out fully. I also hate SMH and TTC. Not to mention all the random acronyms for breastfeeding.

peacheylady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this
That and children and young teens use the slang so much, they write like this in SCHOOL. I told my daughter, you can text that to your friends, but when it comes to school stuff. It better be the right way.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I hate most slang and abbreviations. I do tend to use LOL a lot though. But laugh out loud just looks ridiculous. 

I can't stand the way people type now. All the extra letters and spelling words wrong on purpose. Don't they just realize they are setting themselves up to forget a lifetime of education?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacheylady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
The ones that throw me off sometimes....the stepchild, ss, sd, ss whatever else they come up with. You think stepson, and stepsister are both ss. That and about the exs. Makes me feel like I lost what few brain cells I left. :)

Quoting sqrocket:

Lol, that is exactly why I hate the CM acronyms. Using them causes other moms to feel alienated and leads to degraded communication. KWIM=Know What I Mean.

I took me the longest time just to figure out D_ (DS, DH, DD...etc.). I had a hunch it was meant to be "dear____", but I didn't want to assume.

Quoting peacheylady:

Quoting sqrocket:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Razzle_Dazzle1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this

I thought it was you only like oral.

Quoting MeridaMomma4:

Quoting fammatthews4:

I haven't heard YOLO what does it mean?

You Only Live Once

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Razzle_Dazzle1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM
4 moms liked this

Jus's chillin'

Max and relax

Any phrase that includes the word "Hommies"

I think the worst however was when one of my students told me, on the first day of school, that I was a "Sexy fly beeotch!" He was five. I told him that if he goes all ghetto on me again then I was going to go all school marm on him and make him write a hundred times "Women are people, not things."

"But Miss Holliway, I can't write yet!"

"Then you are going to sit there at that desk until you do."

Mom2Addison12
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

i use dude lol.......but i hate that word swag

gemini53176
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM
when they say: thats sick! when they see something that they like
gemini53176
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:21 AM
my sister also says illy all of the time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN