Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Has anyone had their navel pierced

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Ida
  • 23 Replies

and how bad was it.

I am thinking of having mine done but was wondering just how bad it hurts because I'm chicken LOL

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tina51003
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It hurt. It took a LONG time to heal. Practically all my jeans were uncomfortable for quite some time. Even the lower ones would rub when you sit wrong (comfortably). My husband hated it, and I finally removed it. Left an ungly scar. I wouldn't do it again.

moogsmom03
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I had mine done twice, first time right before my first pregnancy and it didn't hurt at all. The second time was because I let the first one close up because I got too big with my pregnant belly and they did it right through the scar tissue of the old one and it hurt like crazy. So if I were to do it again, I'd do it on the bottom part of my belly button instead! My cartilage on my ear hurt 10x worse than this did though!

rebeccaann318
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I got mine done when i was 14. im a big baby with needles and my belly button didnt hurt at all. IT was over so quick i didnt feel a thing. It took a while to heal but it never hurt. The only pain i had was after the first few days i couldnt lay on my belly.

Baby.on.board
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Mine did not hurt at all. I have a lot of peircings and that was the least painful one! Not lying! And it is sore for like a week, but then it goes away with proper care!

If you dont plan on cleaning it often, I do not recomend it.

kathypratt
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I have had mine pierced. It hurt for about a week after getting it pierced, but if you move it around a lot it will hurt longer. It does take a while to heal though

rwblake2011
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I had mine done 2 times not bad at all thru scar tissue and all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Never got mine done.  My belly button is sensitive though.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope, I have worked as an RN in the ER for over 14 years and by far it's the most common place on the body, hands down for an unwanted infection to pop up. Ive seen a few so bad on the navel they required surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I got my pierced at 23 and no it did not hurt. He told me to breathe in and out and it was done! I have had it for almost 11 years now. No problems whatsoever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittenmom001
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM
U had it done it was no biggie but if you ever plan on more kids don't do it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)