Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let a teenage boy babysit your babies?  Would you have when they were babies?  Non-related teenage boys.  My son wants to babysit, is really good with children, but everyone wants his little sister.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM
If we could have teenage babysitters and I knew him that yes would hire him. We can not have teenage babysitters. We have foster children and they have special needs so the sitter must be 21 and have experience with kids like them. So we never have babysitters.
PosinourHarmony
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

My boys babysit all the time. They babysit their younger siblings and other lil kids on the block and a couple of kids across town and wat not. My boys were babysitting lil itty bitty babies I mean babies that were like 6 weeks old. They are amazing! If no one is hiring your son have him make up some flyers and pass them out that might help get him noticed ya know. My boys actually love babysitting....shocker right lol!

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I know a lot of people that have had boys watch their boys, but usually not girls. I know someone that had 2 boys and a girl and the girl was the oldest, probably like 10 and they had a boy babysit. They all knew them, they were not strangers to the families.
MB13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM

My DS and DD would babysit together!  One family specifically wanted both since they had a boy and a girl that needed a lot of attention.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Yep

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I would. 

Ds1 will be a great babysitter if anyone asks him. I've mentioned him to a few people in the neighborhood- he's 13 now, so old enough in our state, has taken a Safe Sitter course, and has a brother 5 yrs younger and sister 7 yrs younger, so he even knows how to change diapers. We'll see. . .

drfink
by Emily on May. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Two of my teen boys have and we hired a teen boy at times.

They have all been from or for families we knew or a close friend that knew us recommended them.

Not to be weird but no baths were given whether mine were the sitter or we used our neighbors son.They were all prek or grade school age.When my boys were 11 they hated us getting babysitters but tough.When we went out for dinner and a movie or play at night I was not comfortable with them at home alone.So we have used to neighbor boys.They watched guy movies and ate pizza.The same happens when mine have babysat.

When we used guy sitters when my daughter was still young but her brother was 10 or younger we would just let her bring her sleeping bag down ,put it in the study ,have stories read there before she fell asleep.This also happens when there are girls being babysat by my sons.No one is insulted it is just safer for everyone to keep everyone out in the open.Keeps the babysitter in a position of openness so he can't be accused and keeps the child in the open so safe.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Sadly this is the exact reason we only let our DS babysit families we knew well...

Quoting drfink:

They have all been from or for families we knew or a close friend that knew us recommended them.

Not to be weird but no baths were given whether mine were the sitter or we used our neighbors son.They were all prek or grade school age.When my boys were 11 they hated us getting babysitters but tough.When we went out for dinner and a movie or play at night I was not comfortable with them at home alone.So we have used to neighbor boys.They watched guy movies and ate pizza.The same happens when mine have babysat.

When we used guy sitters when my daughter was still young but her brother was 10 or younger we would just let her bring her sleeping bag down ,put it in the study ,have stories read there before she fell asleep.This also happens when there are girls being babysat by my sons.No one is insulted it is just safer for everyone to keep everyone out in the open.Keeps the babysitter in a position of openness so he can't be accused and keeps the child in the open so safe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RelaxedMom2-3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I'm in the same boat. Mine is 13, loves kids and would like to start saving money. Like you said though most people want girls.

drfink
by Emily on May. 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

yup ,the few times it was for the family that was friend of a friend I was nervous but the friend of friend had met my younger one when all the kids were playing at our friends house.Small world her cousin was my big sis in my sorority and a few more things like that so we let him sit .It was fine but other wise nope.All our male sitters had older or younger sisters that had sat for us or were friends with my daughter also besides being friends of our family.

The Pedi that lives behind us wouldn't allow dads to drive or walk to pick up his girls to babysit only moms.It used to worry me because what did he see in his practice that I should worry about but the more I knew him the more I realized he is a very worried ,sky is always falling ,the worst is coming type guy.His daughters were lovely girls but it was a very worrisome way to start using babysitters with my oldest...the dad had me terrified .

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Sadly this is the exact reason we only let our DS babysit families we knew well...

Quoting drfink:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)