Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When the hell did it become ok for 13 and 14 year old boyfriend and girlfriends spend the night together in the same room in the same bed!?!? WHAT!! Am I the only one who thinks that this is crazy!! There's is NO WAY in HELL I would ever let that happen! OVER MY DEAD BODY!! HAHA! This lil boy last night was really tryna convince me like it's ok and his parents let it happen all the time! Well that's fine your parents are flipping morons! It ain't happening in my house. I mean seriously wat the hell is wrong with people!! Idk bout anyone else but I'm only 28 and I'm NOT tryna be a grandma before I'm 30!!!! It would be curtains for them!! Am I the only one who thinks that this is craziness!?!?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
opal10161973
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Holy craptastic batman!  They sound like a crackhead version of the Clampetts!  Too much inbreeding ladies!  Even the Clampetts had STANDARDS!

Quoting fantasticfour:

You have no idea.  That's not the worst of it.  There are 5 kids and a mom in that family.  mom-two faced horrible woman who isn't happy unless everyone else is miserable.
Oldest brother- the best out of the bunch, lives at home with mom, works full time
Older brother- drug addic/dealer, deadbeat dad who refused to let his girlfriend get an abortion and argued about who had to take the kid until she moved away.  Lives with mother
Older sister- told ya about her.
My ex- can NOT live more than down the hall from his mother or becomes moody and hurtful.  Is IN love with her.  lives with mother
Younger sister- Drug addic/dealer, previously married to drug addic/dealer, lost custody of baby to exhusband drug dealer.  Lives with mother

2 bedroom house by the way.  So freaking glad I never lived with his mother!

Quoting opal10161973:

Yikes!  Did it make you feel like you got out of an asylum when you split?  Bunch of crazies. 

Quoting fantasticfour:

Me too, but it was a single mom and no one was willing to take the kid so they let her off with a warning.  Geez, the family I was married to first!  Welcome to my exhusband's family.

Quoting opal10161973:

That's some crazy shit right there.  I'm thinking they should have taken the Mom to jail on that one, not the guy.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Not acceptable in THIS house, however I knew someone where it was ok.  Her daughter was 14 and had a LIVE IN 23 year old boyfriend.  The girl dropped out of school.  Her boyfriend had some mental disabilities.  He was beaten as a child and a steel plate in his head.  Well the daughter thought she was pregnant and her mother was thrilled and took her to 4 doctors because they were all saying no.  They called cps and the boy went to jail (which he had no idea why because mom was on board) and the mom almost went.

Cara5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

We have had mixed gender sleep overs as long as I can remember.. it started out as a product of having b/g twins, so when they each had someone spend the night we had 2 boys and 2 girls and with more kids the numbers just keep getting bigger, and we dont make separate rules for different gender kids.. like sayind dd can only have girls spend the night when most of her friends are boys. 

That being said, with very few exceptions, no one sleeps in the kids bedrooms with them.  Sleep overs happen on the living room floor, no matter how old you are, boys/girls, all boys, all girls and I usually sleep on the couch.

Mommy4000
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I wouldn't allow it at any age. They can have boyfriends and girlfriends stay the night when they are paying rent in their own home.

PosinourHarmony
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Its crazy I don't understand wat these parents are thinking ya know!! I doubt this kid was lying I know his older brother and sister and well....yea. They are a bunch of winners! My boys just sat there on the porch and didn't say a word they knew that the thought better not even cross their minds! Later on that night we was talking and they both said that they are not ready for sex and anything that comes along with it. *PHEW* I was sooo glad ta hear them words lol! Sometimes I feel like I live in the Twilight Zone!

MrsBLB
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

NOT happening with anyone I know...

JC2223
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

When did it become acceptable for 13-14yos to date period? Not in this house, no way jose!!

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:24 AM

No way that would fly in this house!

Bertieb
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM

If and when my DD has a boyfriend (she's 15) she won't be going to his house, even during the day unless I'm sure the parent's are there and seem to be supervising or around. I do know parents who take bf's on vacation and trust the kids to hang in bedrooms with   She has a friend who hangs at her bf's house all the time and she said they are having sex. I often wonder if the media says girls are so self conscious about their bodies, why are they all getting naked for boys who they know will talk? I never wanted boys to see my body as a teenager even though I'd give anything to have that body back now!

harry209
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Not in my house we have to teach our kids to have self respect and standards. I think all activities should be age appropriate and that's one that's way on the other end of the age scale... That would also now make me question this kids moral and values
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitedaisies
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

not in my house, i am very strict with my 13 year old, no dating, no cell phone, no FB, all these will be considered once he's in HS (he's in 7th now), why give them responsibility they can't handle. let them be children!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN