Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Please read...Debit Card Scam!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just got a phone call from 714-717-9689 telling me my Comerica Visa debit card had been put on hold. If I wished to reactivate press 1. If I wanted to talk with someone press 2. I pressed 2 and got the same message. I hung up and called my bank and they said they have gotten several calls with in the last hour. She checked and made sure everything was okay and that it wasn't them. She also said that it prompts to have you put your number and pin number in.

So tell your kids and whoever to not give out any info if they recieve this type of call and then check with your bank to make sure everything is okay.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Thanks, there are alot of scams like that lately.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 3, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Will do.  Thanks for the info!

drfink
by Emily on May. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM

thank you

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll add that I got a suspicious email from "Amazon.com" yesterday. It said my recent order was cancelled and gave me a link to click on, which I didn't, since I knew I haven't ordered anything from Amazon since December. I asked my husband if he ordered anything he said no so I forwarded the email to Amazon. I'm sure it was a phishing email but still wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Sandyr911
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Got the same email from Amazon myself last night and i havent ordered from amazon since December.

Justamom96
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I got the same email from Amazon.

cat4458
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Some thieves will go to any lengths to scam people. The sad part is people fall for it.  Common sense isn't common anymore.  They prey on young adults & elderly and use a scare tactic.  So sad...and how can these crooks live with themselves, but they do.

MrsBLB
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Thank you for the info!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 5, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I just received this email as well.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll add that I got a suspicious email from "Amazon.com" yesterday. It said my recent order was cancelled and gave me a link to click on, which I didn't, since I knew I haven't ordered anything from Amazon since December. I asked my husband if he ordered anything he said no so I forwarded the email to Amazon. I'm sure it was a phishing email but still wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN