Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

arrested...***update***

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM
  • 26 Replies

My 14yo nephew got arrested at school today...for buying/selling synthetic marijuana! He did nnot accept it when his friend tried to hand it to him...and several other witnesses verify the story! Now his is suspended for 10 days...or if his hearing foes well next week! This kid has so many problems and now this...I am really pisses about it! Just needed to vent!

****UPDATE****

There are a few more details that I have found out since this happened: nephew DID give money to his friend to buy and resell the synthetic marijuana...this was done OUTSIDE of school and the friend brought the drugs to school unbeknownst to nephew...which he refused to accept. Yes, drugs are drugs and buying/selling is wrong regardless of where BUT I do not think that the punishment fits what HAPPENED on the SCHOOL grounds!

Had the School Board hearing yesterday...has will be able to go in next week and take his exams and he is done for the year...he had 15 days of school left when this happened-10 days suspension and then expelled for the rest of the year! When school starts back in the fall, he has to attend the alternative school for 55 days and then transfer to the high school in the neighboring county...he has been expelled from our county for the rest of his school days! The board members did have a "file" on him and asked him to tell them his side of the story...I have no idea if any of the witness statements were in that file or what! My sister and mom didn't give too much feedback at the hearing and I think it was because they were afraid that if they said too much his punishment would have been worse...IDK!

I guess tat the problem that I have is with what actually happened AT school...which is NOTHING...he refused the drugs when the kid tried to give them to him...how is that any different than if he had not even known the kid had the drugs and had tried to give it to him!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myhandsomelove
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

if he wasn't doing wrong like you said, then fight it, take statements from the witnesses and provide them during his hearing if possible. hope it goes good for him

KW1280
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I pray all goes well with him.  fingers crossed Being a teen is so difficult now a days! 

michelles
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Thanks ladies...if I understood my mom correctly, it appears that the arresting officer and the principal are on nephew's side...hopefully all goes well and this will be the eye opener for both his parents!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwblake2011
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Fingers Crossed

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 3, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Best of luck, I agree with pp, if he's innocent I would fight it.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM

The truth will come out!    fingers crossed

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM

If he didn't do it I would require them to prove that he did.

drfink
by Emily on May. 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Good luck .

Shellness
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM

That's why I home school.

Clubpenguin
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
My ds was arrested for having two inch cutting scissors in his backpack. They were regular school scissors but there is a zero tolerance policy here. The system sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)