Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Are my kids really that odd?

Posted by   + Show Post

So my kids are 11 and 13. Every night we eat dinner together or at least the nights I'm not a school. Though the 3 nights I am gone DH does eat dinner with the kids. At night we have family time and DD11 still likes to cuddle with me or DH. DS13 at time will cuddle.

They do not go over to friends homes on a week night. They aren't in sports. Both are into art and drama. We don't have cable so they don't watch any teen shows. They watch a lot of science shows on NetFlix.

I was told my kids are odd and that we should look into why my kids like to cuddle still and why they are sooo "imature".

by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Replies (41-49):
TXMOM1006
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Ignore people like that....sounds like you have great kids...good job mom! 

saveabrain
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I am happy that your family has such a strong bond.  Your story touched me.  I love my children dearly, but  don't have that kind of relationship with them and it hurts.  

Drgndame
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM
My 11 and 13 ur old boys still like to cuddle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CTBmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM
My son, 15, isn't a big cuddler anymore, but when he isn't feeling well he will still come sit beside me and rest his head on my shoulder. Sometimes on the weekend, when his dad and I are watching t.v., he will lay down at the foot of our bed with his head laying on my lower legs and watch with it us. He loves documentaries as well.... Several weeks ago he watched one with us about Ernest Hemingway. So your kids sounds happy and well adjusted to me =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkieMom2673
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Sounds like good kids to me. Ignore what others say. Just because it's not what they do with their kids doesn't mean your kids are odd. Enjoy your time with them, before you know it they will be out living their own lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM

My kids like to cuddle, but if you think for one minute they are not watching teen movies then you are blinded. There are no perfect teens out there 'they make mistakes' all of them but hey teens are suppose to make mistakes these are their learning years. One thing I have learnt is never say not my kid because you are setting them up for failure or should I say yourself up for disappointment. I was a very bad teen, I lied about everything and yes I was a party-er, you name it I did it but I grew up and that was because I had parents who were great parents they gave me room to learn..but they made me take full responsibility's for my actions. My parents were never blind.

PurpleHazey
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting Drgndame:

My 11 and 13 ur old boys still like to cuddle

I think boys are more common to cuddle then girls are.

shimmifairy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Maybe they are jealous because their children don't want to cuddle anymore? Kids and families are all different....my daughter just grew out of cuddle time( she's 13 and too big now,lol)....I miss it a lot....

Momof2Stepof3
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Well I know they aren't watching teen movies under our or any kind of teen shows because we don't have cable. Have 1 tv in the whole house that is connected to NetFlix's so we see what they have watched while were away. An for them to be party-ers I'd be shock as I would wonder how they are pulling it off as I know all their friends parents and in this town there isn't many places to go to hang out with out getting into trouble.

I am not blind nor will I ever be.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

My kids like to cuddle, but if you think for one minute they are not watching teen movies then you are blinded. There are no perfect teens out there 'they make mistakes' all of them but hey teens are suppose to make mistakes these are their learning years. One thing I have learnt is never say not my kid because you are setting them up for failure or should I say yourself up for disappointment. I was a very bad teen, I lied about everything and yes I was a party-er, you name it I did it but I grew up and that was because I had parents who were great parents they gave me room to learn..but they made me take full responsibility's for my actions. My parents were never blind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN