Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen daughter just told me she's pregnant...

Posted by   + Show Post

Way to start off with a first post, right?  This morning over breakfast, my 19 year old daughter told me she had a positive on two pregnancy tests.  She is only a few weeks pregnant.  She is in college, has been dating the guy about two months, and doesn't want me to tell anyone yet because she might end up miscarrying anyway.  I am freaked out.  I need to talk to somebody, but don't want to talk to anybody until I tell my husband.  She is going to the doctor tomorrow with the boyfriend.  She says she has it all figured out, and that it is her choice (which is rich, seeing as how her dad and I are paying for everything, and the boyfriend doesn't have a summer job figured out yet). She does not want an abortion.  I just want to cry and I can't even do that because I work with my husband.  Hyperventilating right about now.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum or whatever else I may have done wrong by posting here -- Just need to get it out!!!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
MB13
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I just got back from the hospital, he is absolutely beautiful!

Quoting MB13:

My 19 year old just had a baby! I am literally waiting to go see them in the hospital!  We found out when she was about 10 weeks pregnant and my initial reaction was not great either!  We have had a long 7 months trying to get her prepared for motherhood.  After several months of discussion they decided to get married.  She has grown a lot in the process and I'm sure that is just beginning!  But anyway, today I am a grandma!!!

Malaiamomof4
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Hugs, I was 19 when I had my DS (was married at 18) he's an honors student and freshman in college now, also joy of my life. Hang in there, your DD needs your support now more than ever hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Congrats on the birth of your grandson.

Quoting MB13:

Quoting MB13:

My 19 year old just had a baby! I am literally waiting to go see them in the hospital!  We found out when she was about 10 weeks pregnant and my initial reaction was not great either!  We have had a long 7 months trying to get her prepared for motherhood.  After several months of discussion they decided to get married.  She has grown a lot in the process and I'm sure that is just beginning!  But anyway, today I am a grandma!!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Hugs and good luck. She is 19 and although a baby changes alot, I hope she will finish college, even if she has to take a little time off after the baby.

If I got that news from my dd I think I would have a million emotions at once. I would always support her but not raise the baby.

drfink
by Emily on May. 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

this

Quoting mumsy2three:

Hugs and good luck. She is 19 and although a baby changes alot, I hope she will finish college, even if she has to take a little time off after the baby.

If I got that news from my dd I think I would have a million emotions at once. I would always support her but not raise the baby.

drfink
by Emily on May. 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM

CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful grandson !!!

Quoting MB13:

Quoting MB13:

mrsjon
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

At least she's chosing life.  Babies are never a mistake, regardless of how they get here.

Prayers.

PurpleHazey
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM

She is 19....I no! she nosbetter my daughter got pregnant at 19 and she she did just fine and at 26 she has given me 4 grandchildren that I just love like mine own. If she can take care of a baby why are you so upset she is old enough and this baby will make the whole world magical. I think you should support her decision and except your new grandchild.

PurpleHazey
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Quoting mrsjon:

At least she's chosing life.  Babies are never a mistake, regardless of how they get here.

Prayers.

Grandchildren are wonderful and you are so right babies are not a mistake they are a gift.

Baby.on.board
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I told my mom I am having a baby (I'm 19) and she started crying and hugging me. I'm in college too, and she's very conservative, but she says everything happens for a reason and I'm old enough to make my life decisions. I'm going to struggle, but I'm very independent and know if I have any questions I can go to my mom for everything. SO I think you should just be supportive and be happy that you're going to have a grand baby!!! :D Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN