Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen daughter just told me she's pregnant...

Posted by   + Show Post

Way to start off with a first post, right?  This morning over breakfast, my 19 year old daughter told me she had a positive on two pregnancy tests.  She is only a few weeks pregnant.  She is in college, has been dating the guy about two months, and doesn't want me to tell anyone yet because she might end up miscarrying anyway.  I am freaked out.  I need to talk to somebody, but don't want to talk to anybody until I tell my husband.  She is going to the doctor tomorrow with the boyfriend.  She says she has it all figured out, and that it is her choice (which is rich, seeing as how her dad and I are paying for everything, and the boyfriend doesn't have a summer job figured out yet). She does not want an abortion.  I just want to cry and I can't even do that because I work with my husband.  Hyperventilating right about now.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum or whatever else I may have done wrong by posting here -- Just need to get it out!!!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
PurpleHazey
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Quoting drfink:

CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful grandson !!!

Quoting MB13:

I just got back from the hospital, he is absolutely beautiful!

Quoting MB13:

My 19 year old just had a baby! I am literally waiting to go see them in the hospital!  We found out when she was about 10 weeks pregnant and my initial reaction was not great either!  We have had a long 7 months trying to get her prepared for motherhood.  After several months of discussion they decided to get married.  She has grown a lot in the process and I'm sure that is just beginning!  But anyway, today I am a grandma!!!

How wonderful!!! I love my Grandchildren... Congrats Grandma.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Hugs. Wouldn't be happy either. They barely know each other. Take it one day at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM

HMM this sounds familiar. LOL. I was 20 and in college when I found out I was pregnancy.  My bf and I had been together for 9 months when we found out. It was def a shock,  I was on birth control but I know now it was the antibotics I was on that messed it up. ANYWAYS.  I finished the semester and in the summer my bf proposed :)

I transfered to a community college in the city and we lived the fall semester with my MIL.  Between us going to school and working really hard, we were able to save up for our own place and moved out right before Christmas.  I'm still in school and am starting back up at the University in the fall. Having my LO was hard, and times were rough for a while, but we made it through and it was all worth it! 

Point of the story: Life goes on... I'm sure it's a schocker, Just be there for her as much as you can, and help her and her bf get on their own feet.  Good luck with everything!! :)

2Young2BGran
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Well... against my daughter's wishes, (please don't judge me - I've been married 22 years, and I'm doing the best I can), I told my husband (her father). It went better than expected so far.  Before I told him, I reminded him how stupid he was when he was young.  He has been quiet, but he did not hit the ceiling like I expected.  I think he thinks there's been a mistake somewhere and this is all going to go away.  I think DD thinks so, too, which is why she was thinking about miscarriage.  It's called, "denial," and his side of the family is very good at it.  Okay, now that the shock is over, going to call the DD and reaffirm my love and support.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting Mazi184:

HMM this sounds familiar. LOL. I was 20 and in college when I found out I was pregnant.  My bf and I had been together for 9 months when we found out. It was def a shock,  I was on birth control but I know now it was the antibotics I was on that messed it up. ANYWAYS.  I finished the semester and in the summer my bf proposed :)

I transfered to a community college in the city and we lived the fall semester with my MIL.  Between us going to school and working really hard, we were able to save up for our own place and moved out right before Christmas.  I'm still in school and am starting back up at the University in the fall. Having my LO was hard, and times were rough for a while, but we made it through and it was all worth it! 

Point of the story: Life goes on... I'm sure it's a schocker, Just be there for her as much as you can, and help her and her bf get on their own feet.  Good luck with everything!! :)

This part of your story is mine exactly. My husband and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary in June (we'll have been together for 20 years in June as well). We may have done everything backwards but it all worked out for us.

mkfran
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Been there done that twice!  Get in the shower and cry it out! Then Pray that God will lead her and be with you and your family during this time.  Right now it doesn't seem possible but it will all work out!  Take it from a mother of 3 daughters, 3 granddaughters and no son-in-law!

ccleri56
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

our daughter had a baby when she 16. we were not thrilled but now he is 14 and i would not change a thing. we ended up adopting him when he was2. he is the love of all our lives. he sees his mom almost daily and we all have a good relationship. she is now almost 32 with 2 other sons. it could be much worse. love her and support her( emotionally) you will get through this.

noneya79
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

It will all be okay. Just let your dd figure it out and make the choices she feels are best for her and baby. She is an adult now. And if she needs to, she can look into getting government assistance while she finishes school. And just look at it from a point of view that in a few month, you will be welcoming a grandbaby into your family! 

noneya79
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM

You'll get through it! Good luck to you! :)

Quoting 2Young2BGran:

Well... against my daughter's wishes, (please don't judge me - I've been married 22 years, and I'm doing the best I can), I told my husband (her father). It went better than expected so far.  Before I told him, I reminded him how stupid he was when he was young.  He has been quiet, but he did not hit the ceiling like I expected.  I think he thinks there's been a mistake somewhere and this is all going to go away.  I think DD thinks so, too, which is why she was thinking about miscarriage.  It's called, "denial," and his side of the family is very good at it.  Okay, now that the shock is over, going to call the DD and reaffirm my love and support.

Kellymoses
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

You don't need to apologize that is what this site is for. Just calm down, things will work out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN