Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I am going to stop smoking

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

Anyone want to join me?  I have decided my last day for a smoke will be Wed.  That gives me enough time to clean out the only room in the house I smoke in (this one) and gear up for it.  I may stop on Wed afternoon since I may be spending the night in the hospital with a friend (she's having surgery).  I have told no one of these plans but you ladies and would love to have someone to quit with.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Good for you!    Best of Luck, too!

pinkyheather
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I don't smoke myself, but just wanted to say good luck!

bizzeemom2717
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I don't smoke myself either (DD has asthma) but wish you well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM

I don't smoke but will be here to cheer you on.

I quit smoking the day I found out I was expecting our now 18 y/o dd.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM

That is wonderful.  Good Luck!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I quit when I was pregnant too.  The problem was no one else did and I was offered a smoke shortly after.

Quoting mumsy2three:

I don't smoke but will be here to cheer you on.

I quit smoking the day I found out I was expecting our now 18 y/o dd.

JC2223
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm about 6 weeks ahead of you, but I'll stay quit with you! It's hard, but so far so good. Do you plan on using anything to help you quit? I used the patch for the first few weeks, but haven't needed them in over 3 weeks. I kept a journal for about a month to monitor my smoking habits and figure out my triggers. This helped a lot because I found I had more of a behavioral addiction to smoking than a nicotine addiction. Don't get me wrong, I'm still addicted to nicotine, but fighting those urges are easier for me than changing the behaviors. Those I'm still working on and some days are worse than others. Congrats on deciding to quit, I help you in any way I can!!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I've read "the easyway to stop smoking" several times.  It has helped me cut down quite a bit but on that note I always pick back up after about a month.  I know my triggers, after meals, playing on the computer, driving, etc.  I am working on them now, and I am going to clean up this room so it doesn't smell like smoke (it's in the basement) and air it our really good.  I hope I can quit this time.  I really want to and I want to feel better too.  Oh yeah and the price is terrible!!!  Congrats on quitting.  As far as the patch, my doctor doesn't want me to take any meds or use any aids for this.  Because of my medical health it doesn't bode well with me.

Quoting JC2223:

I'm about 6 weeks ahead of you, but I'll stay quit with you! It's hard, but so far so good. Do you plan on using anything to help you quit? I used the patch for the first few weeks, but haven't needed them in over 3 weeks. I kept a journal for about a month to monitor my smoking habits and figure out my triggers. This helped a lot because I found I had more of a behavioral addiction to smoking than a nicotine addiction. Don't get me wrong, I'm still addicted to nicotine, but fighting those urges are easier for me than changing the behaviors. Those I'm still working on and some days are worse than others. Congrats on deciding to quit, I help you in any way I can!!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I have tried a few times and lately have really been thinking about it cause I am tired of paying money for them. Even if I don't join you I sure as heck will cheer you on!

Saille717
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I quit earlier this year.  You'll feel amazing when it's all out of your system!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN