Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it a

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Ida
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

man looks distinguished when he turns gray and a woman just looks old

grandmagrandpa

Thought of this while coloring my hair today LOL

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JC2223
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't know but it's not fair. My DH is almost mostly grey and wants to dye his hair and everyone yells at him and tells him how handsome he is with his salt and pepper hair. I get a hand full of grey hair and everyone tells me I'm getting old and better invest in some hair dye. Really big double standard!
02nana07
by Ida on May. 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Tell me about it I like grey hair on a man but when mine starts turning I run for the dye

Quoting JC2223:

Don't know but it's not fair. My DH is almost mostly grey and wants to dye his hair and everyone yells at him and tells him how handsome he is with his salt and pepper hair. I get a hand full of grey hair and everyone tells me I'm getting old and better invest in some hair dye. Really big double standard!

cege
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM

So true, which is why I get my hair colored.  I started getting grey hair when I was in my twenties.

PinkieRed
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Isn't that the truth! Just like how there's gray haired male news reporters on TV, but you'll never see a gray haired female reporter.

I had nice auburn hair as a kid, that turned a dull dark brown by the time I was a teenager. I started dyeing it red when I was in high school, and dyed it off and on until I had my son, my second child, at 29.

I started to get a ton of gray hairs while I was pregnant with him, and now that I'm 38, it's turning more and more gray. I hate the grays!

I've been dyeing it regularly for about 9 years now. My hair grows fast, so I end up having to dye it once a month, to cover the roots and grays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I colored my hair for many years. After I turned 45, I decided that it was time to embrace my inner silver fox.

Do you really believe that women look old when they are gray, or do you think that you look old?

02nana07
by Ida on May. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I was in my early forties

Quoting cege:

So true, which is why I get my hair colored.  I started getting grey hair when I was in my twenties.

02nana07
by Ida on May. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I never thought of it but that is true

Quoting PinkieRed:

Isn't that the truth! Just like how there's gray haired male news reporters on TV, but you'll never see a gray haired female reporter.

I had nice auburn hair as a kid, that turned a dull dark brown by the time I was a teenager. I started dyeing it red when I was in high school, and dyed it off and on until I had my son, my second child, at 29.

I started to get a ton of gray hairs while I was pregnant with him, and now that I'm 38, it's turning more and more gray. I hate the grays!

I've been dyeing it regularly for about 9 years now. My hair grows fast, so I end up having to dye it once a month, to cover the roots and grays.

02nana07
by Ida on May. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I think most women look old but I like it on men go figure : )

Quoting rkoloms:

I colored my hair for many years. After I turned 45, I decided that it was time to embrace my inner silver fox.

Do you really believe that women look old when they are gray, or do you think that you look old?

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

The same reason a couple can be on the same diet...the man will lose 10 lbs overnight....the woman will gain the 10 lbs he lost.

rkoloms
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

I think most women look old but I like it on men go figure : )

Quoting rkoloms:

Interesting! Do you think that this is internal to you, or based on cultural influences. Is Meryl Streep really unattractive with gray hair? Or Jamie Leigh Curtis?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)