Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

DD with identity issue.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
She is driving me nuts. She is 16 and wants to be a boy. Well after 16 yrs of being a girl and calling dd a she a tend to slip. She gets so angry and says i do it on purpose. I try my best to say he instead of she. I think he is doing this cause his father molested him when he was 5 until 12. I play the game hoping he will outgrow it. God doesnt make mistakes when creating his children. He also had a friend who is a boy pretending to be a girl and i think he attached himself to that idea as being cool. DD wants to be a boy who is gay. We are all in counseling and DD changed counselors cause hes gay and thats the only reason. Im not happy at all but i will protect my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

So your DD/DS wants to be a boy who is sexually attracted to boys?  Okay.  Is that considered transgender?    I know two transgender teens/young adults, a born boy who lives as a female and is attracted to boys.    And a born girl who lives as a guy and is attracted to girls.     Both changed their names and completely look and live as the gender they identify with.    I know the Mom of the boy/now girl really well.   She had a very hard time accepting and adjusting......she never refers to her child as he or she..she always just uses their name.   I find myself doing the same thing when talking about Taylor.

Maybe you can join a support group, as well as counseling.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what's going on with her, and I say her because I am assuming that she has all the lady parts and none of the boy ones.  IF she was into guys, I could see it, but wanting to be a gay boy and she is a girl?

KeriAZ
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM
She has all the girl parts and still wants to be a boy who wants to have a relation with boys. She is only 16. I wouldnt mind if she was a lesbian or bi but i have some serious problems with her changing her sex cause thats permenant. And i dont know what a support group will do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KeriAZ:

She has all the girl parts and still wants to be a boy who wants to have a relation with boys. She is only 16. I wouldnt mind if she was a lesbian or bi but i have some serious problems with her changing her sex cause thats permenant. And i dont know what a support group will do.

Please, please contact http://community.pflag.org/Page.aspx?pid=194&srcid=-2

bizzeemom2717
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting KeriAZ:

Please, please contact http://community.pflag.org/Page.aspx?pid=194&srcid=-2

I agree with this, it's a WONDERFUL organization.

bizzeemom2717
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting KeriAZ:

In a support group you will be connected with non judgemental mom's going through the same thing as you. They will be your very best source of tips on how to communicate with your DD, and meet her needs right now as a parent. Good luck.

pinkyheather
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Some people are just born wanting to be the opposite sex of what they are. Might not have anything to do with the fact her dad molested her or her friend is wanting to be the opposite of what they are. It could be just at her core she is a he. And thinking that it's a phase might end up pushing your kid away from you when you don't actually accept it but just pretend, because I bet she'll realize that.

KeriAZ
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Nope. I think its all in her head
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkyheather
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting KeriAZ:

Nope. I think its all in her head

I'm not going to argue with you, but those are really far-fetched reasons for her to suddenly want to be a guy.

KeriAZ
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Why it happens all the time with those who were sexually abused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)