Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When it graduation? 

Ours is June 2 at 7:30pm on the football field.  Rain date, rain or shine is Sunday June 3 at 1pm. 

The gym had to be redone for handicap seating and now only 1 parent could be invited to an indoor graduation, so an ourdoor graduation is a must with 500+ kids in the class. 

They got away from Saturday evening graduations 10+ years ago because of too many drunk parents, I found out.  I hope parents behave.  Geez. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on May. 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Ours is June 5th at 7pm. It is held at the University Events Center.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Saturday, June 9 at 1:00pm at a local indoor venue....a performing arts theater.     I wish it were held at a Football Stadium!   At the indoor venue, seating is limited so each senior is allowed 4 tickets, those families that need more have to enter a lottery to buy extra tickets...which may be in a different section.  Also, it is so dark inside that pictures are impossible to take.   None of ours turned out.   All we could see was a sea of Red & Black clad blobs.     Sure, we can buy professional pictures, but I wanted my own :(

Purtyred
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Mine is not graduating. bad

He lived with his dad for most of his Sophomore and Junior years and school is not a priority for his dad. By the time his Senior year started, he was 8 credits behind. He started out the year with a few online classes plus going to get credits for work study and was going to try to graduate ontime. then...His dad bought him a race car. There went that idea.

I let him quit and he's working full time. He's going to get his GED this summer.

Congrats to all of you though!

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM

My dd bd May 31st she'll be 18.  7:30 pm indoor concert hall. crying

happy

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 16, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Our school takes tons of professional photos for purchase.  I bought several of my oldest, close up getting her diploma, right after she got her diploma holding it, singing in the choir and pics that are impossible for the normal parent to get.  I also buy the DVD too.  I still get some pics and have a decent 5x7's. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Tuesday June 5th at 7pm.

It's outside but if it rains that day they will move it inside and feed video into classrooms once the Auditorium fills up. I am hoping it doesn't rain!

kthomasson
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Our is this Sunday, May 20th at 7pm.  Inside a big auditiorium.  Graduation is about 400 some kids.

dnhines2002
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:11 AM
May 22, 9:00am at The Lakefront Arena
1moretolove
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Saturday, May 19th, its in the school's gymnasium at 10 am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtseanryan
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM

My dd graduates on June 13. If outsdide everyone can go if it rains she only gets 2 tickets. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)