Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AHHH! Surprised by son's profile pic on FB!!

Posted by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 27 Replies

Ok, so I log onto FB this morning and what do I see? My 14 ( 15 in oct.) year old changed his profile pic to him kissing, and I do mean KISSING, this girl. I knew they were friends, they call each other besties, but oh my I never kissed my best friends like that. I am not naive, I know he's had girlfriends before, just not anyone very serious. My other son, his younger brother, says they have been "dating" awhile. I was completely in the dark, he used to talk to me about these things, but now he doesn't. Should hubs and I refresh our little birds and the bees talk we had with him at 10? Back then it was more kid friendly, but after seeing that kiss...well it just shocked me.

Maybe I am over-reacting? and no I haven't said anything to him about it, I try to keep my freak outs between my husband and I, never to the kids. I guess it's just weird seeing your first baby in a passionate embrace with someone :/

by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rwblake2011
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I would if you find away to not make it a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on May. 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I wouldn't mention the pic but would let your husband have the safe sex talk with him sounds like a refresher couldn't hurt.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I would be having the talk again, and they would be better chaperoned and the pic would come down.

heyma4
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Thing is, it happened at school, at Pride Day. It was one of the last events before school is out. I do chaperone my kids, but I was working and he was at school. Yeah, the talk is coming that's for sure.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I would be having the talk again, and they would be better chaperoned and the pic would come down.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Can't do much when they are at school, but i would be on it for any other times :)

Quoting heyma4:

Thing is, it happened at school, at Pride Day. It was one of the last events before school is out. I do chaperone my kids, but I was working and he was at school. Yeah, the talk is coming that's for sure.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

heyma4
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I agree! I may be over thinking this whole kiss, but seriously, I don't want to be a grandma anytime soon! It's weird, on one hand I think "ok, they kissed, so what  I did it at that age too" Then on the other it's " oh hell no, that's my baby!" lol

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Can't do much when they are at school, but i would be on it for any other times :)

Quoting heyma4:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

graciefreesoul
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

the pic would have to come down...sorry. it's not so much that i don't want a bad image but there's a time and a place for everything and facebook ain't the place anytime...i see half naked girls, boys showing off their birdchest, and kids giving the middle finger on FB and just SMH...my daughter is 13 btw and her pic is and always will be a photo of our dog...

graciefreesoul
by on May. 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM

and thanks for reminding me why my daughter doesn't have a camphone/digitial camera lol a friend of mine had to be told that his daughter was facebooking DURING class...

newtothismi
by on May. 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Talk with him again? For Sure!  But keep a cool head about it and dont freak him out.  Good luck!

DixieL
by Member on May. 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I don't think he needs he talk about the birds and bees. When they are that age they know a lot more then we think. When my son was a teenager he stopped telling me things. Now he is 26 and back to telling me a lot about his life. When he gets home from work he will come talk to me about things in his life and he has been married for three years. We are all buying a house together so we all live together. Your son is just at the age where everything is secretive. He will change again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)