Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

cook ?

by on May. 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
nerd.stuff
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM
This exactly. Dh used to cook all the time. I cook more now.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Not often but when he does...YUMMY! The man can cook!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on May. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I guess he doesn't like bringing his work home can't really blame him

Quoting swmmra:

for a living yes, at home rarely!

ladyluke2007
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Yes, mine is a good cook, but he's a better baker and out bake me any time.

missheathyr
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Yes but not as often as he used to. He will make breakfast and BBQ sometimes, no problem. But lately, if I ask him to make dinner he either gets all huffy or flat out refuses. I don't know what is going on with him.

NYCitymomx3
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Every night.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine taught me how to cook. I mean I knew some things but he helped broden my cooking skills. My kids get very excited when he cooks cause there are some things that I just can not duplicate.

Quoting 02nana07:

So can mine I found out by accident when I took my daughter to cheerleading he was going to be late to her practice so he decided to go home and have dinner ready when we got home boy was that a mistake LOL.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Not often but when he does...YUMMY! The man can cook!

vixen42
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM

yes but mostly he grills,he does make a mean chili though

rkoloms
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Does Annie's shells and cheese count?

PinkieRed
by on May. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM
My husband's mother taught him how to cook as a teenager, and he also worked for a catering company as a young adult, so he's very good at cooking, actually better than me.

The past few years though, I've done nearly all of the cooking, as I've been laid off the past year, and also he works 6-7 days a week at a very physically demanding job, and is always exhausted when he's home.

I used to hate cooking, until I got an easy cookbook a few years ago, and start trying to expand my cooking skills, because I was tired of always eating the same things. Now I like to try out new recipes, especially marinades for meat. My kids claim that I put too much garlic in everything, but I love garlic!

I still get my husband to chop vegetables for me sometimes though, because I can't cut vegetables into perfect, tiny little pieces, like he can. And onions don't make his eyes burn like they do mine, so I recruit him for those too. I really need a food processor!

The one thing I always particularly hated was baking, because I was lousy at it, but I've actually started dabbling in baking a little lately, mostly from boredom, being out of work. I'm proud of myself because in the past few months, I've baked a chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, and a chocolate chip cheesecake (see a pattern here? LOL) all from scratch, and didn't mess anything up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Yes, he does. And he does so more often now that he's retired. Since I hate to cook, I'm loving it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN