Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

no means no

Posted by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 25 Replies

I heard a sad story of a teenage boy who was convicted of rape.He lived with his father(no mother) who  told his son when a girl says no she really means yes.so the son goes on a date with a girl and she says no but he does not  stop because of what his father had told him.so too all you parents out there please explain to your sons no means no means hell no! 2 kids lives were ruined because of this stupid prejudiced father who did not take the time too completely explain things to his son.I have 2 sons and have told them this several times.It is up to us parents to make sure our kids understand that actions have consquences 

by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM

All of my kids have been taught that from the very first time I had to tell them no.

Really sad.

rkoloms
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Where did this happen?

vixen42
by on May. 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

here in Virginia because he is a minor they did not release where or any details,other than his story and we have a local moms group here that it was put out on.I know he is old enough too know better but I think the father should have something said to him for being a lousy parent.My teenage son has friends whose parents never discuss this stuff with them,they leave it up to family life class at school that just barely touches on date rape.I think as a parent it is our job to fully educate our kids not the school,clergy or any one else but us

PinkieRed
by on May. 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I agree, and how sad! What a shame that a dad would teach his son that. Now two young lives, the boy's and the girl's, are going to be forever ruined.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM
How sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Preventing that sort of thing is why we're teaching both our boys, and dd, that when someone says "No", listen and stop whatever it is you're doing that they are saying no to. So far it's just been in reference to picking on each other, but w/ ds1, it's starting to get expanded into the world of girls as well.

dobrd
by on May. 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

vixen42, I totally agree.. We have 3 sons.. We've been very fortunate w/the boys.. I did say to them that 'If I ever find out differently, I would bring the wrath of God down on them, so, be sure you'll never have to pray this hard'.. Also, they would NOT be walking away from ANY child.. You helped make him/her you will be responsible for him/her.. I/ve seen a few of their friends get away w/this but, not at all allowed on our property let alone our home.. What a complete MORON this sperm donor coward is.. Take Care, Donna....

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

My kids know what no means.  I've informed my son that if he ever acted in a way that was not gentleman like and I heard of it, there would be hell to pay.

rkoloms
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quoting vixen42:

here in Virginia because he is a minor they did not release where or any details,other than his story and we have a local moms group here that it was put out on.I know he is old enough too know better but I think the father should have something said to him for being a lousy parent.My teenage son has friends whose parents never discuss this stuff with them,they leave it up to family life class at school that just barely touches on date rape.I think as a parent it is our job to fully educate our kids not the school,clergy or any one else but us

It really sounds like an urban myth to me. I would not believe it without evidence

Momabear455
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Right on Sister!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN