Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Manic Panic Hair Dye

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
  • 18 Replies

Alright ladies, someone suggested it to me, I did the purple and after a few washings it is purple/gray.  I hate it.  How do I get this stuff out of my hair?

by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofne
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Oh Oh..here's a bump!

rkoloms
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

If it is not permanent color, just keep washing it. Go to their website, and get their number, and call them; they are quite nice and helpful

dorfmama
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Keep washing. It washes out of my daughter's hair very quickly. Someone suggested Splat! hair color to me. I have it. Just haven't had the
Chance to try it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ijustlove2smile
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM
It fades away,but if it is light enough you could dye a darker color over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ijustlove2smile
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I am telling you don't use splat lol it is awful! I had five friends that tried it (at different times) all five were pisst

Quoting dorfmama:

Keep washing. It washes out of my daughter's hair very quickly. Someone suggested Splat! hair color to me. I have it. Just haven't had the

Chance to try it yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ijustlove2smile
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Maybe try to wash it out with vinegar, it might strip the color and is safe on hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dorfmama
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Do you know why? My daughter used it with no problems other than it didn't stay in long enough. Just curious. I used to get mine highlighted with purple at the salon, but it hasn't lasted the last couple of times & it costs too much too only last a couple of weeks. The first time I had it done, i still had purple in my hair a year later. Unfortunately, that stylist left the salon & has moved several times since then & I've post track of her.

Quoting ijustlove2smile:

I am telling you don't use splat lol it is awful! I had five friends that tried it (at different times) all five were pisst

Quoting dorfmama:

Chance to try it yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AphrexiaX
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Seconded, Splat is bad on your hair and it also bleeds for days and days.

Quoting ijustlove2smile:

Quoting dorfmama:

Chance to try it yet.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

If it is not permanent color, just keep washing it. Go to their website, and get their number, and call them; they are quite nice and helpful

this~

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I hated Splat.  It dyed EVERYTHING including the bathtub I showered in.  It also turned blonde hair blue in the front and dingy brown everywhere else.

Quoting dorfmama:

Chance to try it yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN