Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Warning Labels on Medication

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

The world is a sad place when I buy Food lion brand Theraflu and the first caution warning says "Do not use to make children sleep".  What the hell!  Now I don't think that applies to when they are sick and they NEED to sleep and the medicine helps the other ailments too.

by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this
It's because there are dumbass parents that DO give their children medicine to put them to sleep so they don't have to deal with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Most warning labels are a little sad, it seems many Americans have lost their common sense

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Yep...bad

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Wow!   That is pathetic.

02nana07
by Ida on May. 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM

It is because some parents don't deserve children and have to be told these things : (

PinkieRed
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I think also people are so sue happy these days, that manufacturers have to protect themselves by having all those warning labels.

Last time I bought some Nestle Toll House cookie dough, it had a warning label saying "do not eat raw cookie dough". Really?!

I remember hearing that a bunch of people had gotten salmonella from eating raw Nestle dough, and that's why they started putting those labels on there. Now if someone is stupid enough to eat the raw dough anyway, and gets sick and tries to sue, they won't have much of a case in court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on May. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM

That is just too weird.It made me feel weird the first time I heard parents did this when my oldest was a preschooler.Just weird ,frightening and careless.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Yep, the warning is there because some people would do it. I know parents who give their kids Benadryl to make them sleep. It's really sad.

MrsBLB
by Missi on May. 21, 2012 at 12:50 AM

yep

Quoting tyfry7496:

It's because there are dumbass parents that DO give their children medicine to put them to sleep so they don't have to deal with them.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 21, 2012 at 6:24 AM

It is sad that everything has to be labeled I agree with what has already been said but especially that common sense seems to be a thing of the past and we now seem to be a sue happy society. What better corporation to sue then a big pharmaceutical one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)