Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How do you keep boundaries on not taking it personally when your teen has screwed up her/his life with picking bad friends??  She has lost all her good friends because of it & here we go into Summer and my dh & I are not about to let her hang w/the 2 girls this Summer.  We have kept her away 'out of school' from them but during school she still had lunch with them, etc.  We couldn't do anything about that. The problem is no one else will have anything to do with her because of the bad company she has kept. She has see other girls through out this school year get away from these 2 girls but not her. How did you deal with this or what would you do??

by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (11-12):
not2anymore
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:20 PM

The more u say no the more she will want to. I would explain some things to her,like she is the one thats responsible for her choices and the consequences that goes along with that. just guide her the best u can and hope for the best.

MrsBLB
by Missi on May. 22, 2012 at 5:22 PM

yep

Quoting not2anymore:

The more u say no the more she will want to. I would explain some things to her,like she is the one thats responsible for her choices and the consequences that goes along with that. just guide her the best u can and hope for the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)