Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Did you go to the same school as your parents?

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband grew up in a fairly small city.  He and his siblings went to the same High School as his Mother.   His sister's kids went to the same school, as well.  Three generations in the same school.

My sister's children went to the same high school as she did, as well.

How about you?  

by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Wyndi:

While I never attended a school my parents did, I did have a teacher my mother had. Where my mother was a trouble maker, the teacher loved me. LOL.

However, our kids did attend the school DH went to in elementary school and my son's first grade teacher graduated with my DH.

Talk about a small world.   My son's kindergarten teacher had been my neice's very favorite teacher....in a town 3 hours away.   Not only did she remember my niece, but she pulled out an old school picture of her from her wallet.  She had been her favorite student.      My son terrorized her!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting blessedmom1978:

No but my DS is going to the same high school I went to

Cool!

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Nope raised in a different state then they grew up in.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Quoting brlee1115:

My teen son went to the same elem and Jr high as his dad. The high school he attended has since been torn down.

That is sad.   My old High School was torn down and rebuilt 10 yrs after I graduated.  The school had been built in 1926 and was not Earthquake Safe, anymore.    I didn't realize I had any sentimental attachment to the school, which, while attending I often referred to as a dump. lol      I had moved out of State and returned with my Dh & children to visit family.  I gave my family a tour of my old stomping grounds.... My old house, my first apartment, where I worked, the schools I attended....when we arrived at the HS, it was in pieces.   They rebuilt it, but it just isn't the same.

brlee1115
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I know the feeling. They were going to do something with it, but it mysteriously went up in flames. So they had no choice but to demolish it.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting brlee1115:

My teen son went to the same elem and Jr high as his dad. The high school he attended has since been torn down.

That is sad.   My old High School was torn down and rebuilt 10 yrs after I graduated.  The school had been built in 1926 and was not Earthquake Safe, anymore.    I didn't realize I had any sentimental attachment to the school, which, while attending I often referred to as a dump. lol      I had moved out of State and returned with my Dh & children to visit family.  I gave my family a tour of my old stomping grounds.... My old house, my first apartment, where I worked, the schools I attended....when we arrived at the HS, it was in pieces.   They rebuilt it, but it just isn't the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM
I went to the same Junior High as my Dad :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Nope I didn't and neither has my DS. I'd explain but it's complicated. LOL

skippette14
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM
My DS7 is going to same elementary school that I did....the receptionist is the same lady! Oh and his kindergarten teacher was a girl who I graduated with!
jessi2girls
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I went to the same school as my mom.. and my oldest is now starting there (her father also went there, but not his mother or father).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN