Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My 16 DD is 9 wks pregnant. I just want to cry. I just gave birth to my fifth baby last week. She was in the room too! She watched everything, knowing she was pregnant and didnt say a word.

I knew her and her boyfriend were having sex. She told me so. She only told me because she wanted birth control. I told her I was agenst it 100% and instead of keep having sex i told her to STOP. Well she went to planned parenthood to get on the pill, and they did a pregnancy test only to find out she was pregnant. She had her boyfriends sister take her to an OB to make sure.

So she finally told me and showed me her ultra sound pictures. I just cried. Her father passed away before she was born, and his family has had nothing to do with her or me since his funrel.

I am just besides myself. What do I do now? I am nursing my daughter, and realizing i'm gonna be a grandma at 32! I was 16 when I had her, and she knew how i stuggeled with her. I kept talking to her, and i thought she listened. I am just embarassed

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
Bri060492
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Why didn't you get her birth control when she asked?

laura_sims
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
5 moms liked this

Wow what a parenting fail. As a teen mom yourself you should have known she would probably have sex. You should have been proactive about birth control and talk to her about it beforehand instead of waiting until she was pregnant. 

I hope you realize your mistake and talk to your other kids about birth control 

Audreesmommy757

im sorry to hear this....as sad as it is i would be there for her as much as you can

dj_kern
22 moms liked this

I don't see why some of you are tearing this mom up for not putting her daughter on birth control.  She is already upset and what is this doing to do to her, nothing but make her play the what if game. 

To the OP, what's done is done, there's no going back.  Life throws you curve balls and there is nothing you can do about it but just go with it.  I'm not in your shoes, even though I got pregnant with my first at 19.  I can only imagine it is a lot harder being 16, but it is going to be ok.  Just look at all the other things that could happen to your daughter.  When i got pregnant yeah my parents were a little upset but then they looked at the big picture, at least i didnt' have cancer or some kind of disease.  She is has decide to bring a precious little life into this world. 

I'm assuming you will stand by her, at least i hope you do.  She is going to need you, she already knows what happens during the birthing process, and i'm sure she will be watching you take care of your new little one.  She will need your support, but she does need to know she was responsible to have sex she needs to be responsible to take care of what came of it.  Whether she decides to keep the baby or go through adoption, she will need her mom there for her in a positive way. 

I hope everything works out for you and that you won't beat yourself up about the what if's. 

myboysmama33
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
This is sad for the both ofu. Just do your best to support her thru this
chellenout
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Gosh Im sorry that at this point in your life you should be able to enjoy your newborn.  I would give my dd a good smack and then a long silence.  It's sad to find out that a mother and daughter are pregnant at the same time.  

Im sure she did listen but didnt care.  Maybe like all teens...and maybe you... she didn't think it could happen to her.

Since she was in the delivery room maybe she's thinking it easy beacuse now knowing that she can get the epidural and not feel any pain.  I think she may need to feel all of the pain to not get pregnant again by age 18. 

Do you think she may consider adoption? Because that means you'll have 6 children in your home in just 7 months.

Alison82
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM
18 moms liked this

Some of you don't have to be so mean. She wants support, not more grief. She even said that she was already pregnant after going to planned parenthood. 

LoganTroyMom
6 moms liked this
you should be embarassed. she came to you, honestly and openly, and tried to be safe. then she even took it upon herself to be safe- except it was too late.

this was preventable.
AshlynnJadesMom
5 moms liked this
My cousins daughter got pregnant at 14 and had her when she was 15. My cousin is around the same age as you and her granddaughter is 1 now. She was mortified when she found out and picked up everything and her other two kids, husband and moved away to florida from delaware. She didn't want her daughter to go through all of the bullying and things like that. Now she is happy and loves that baby more than anything. The baby really turned her daughter around she was WILD before that and now has matured and isn't out running around doing bad things. Look at the bright side this could be a blessing in disguise.
anfisasmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I am so sorry for you. You sound like a strong mama you have overcome thismuch I am sureyou will make it through this as well, just does not seem like it right now! Keep your head up and stay strong...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)