Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Please "HELP" I am having problems with my son and I don't know what to do

Posted by   + Show Post

Don't know what to do my son will not stop his lying and fighting with meall the time and I take him to a therapist. Everyday when I talk to him he always debts me and when he gets mad he starts making these noises like we are beating him. Then if things don't go his way he trys to make me feel guilty. He is 17 years old but when this stuff happens he acts like he is 12. Sometimes i just don't know what to do I feel like I want

to                            banging head into wallPlease Help Me

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Replies (21-25):
JennaPixi
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

you should look into a DBT group for him.. google DBT teenage group 'name of your town'..it helped me a lot over 2 years and is used for lots of emotional problems, not just the one it was created for 

momof2boyz21
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Hello ladys I want to thank everyone that has and that is going to comment on my topic. I have been listening to everything that everyone has been saying. I have been trying everything that has been suggested. Again THANK YOU to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

annie2244
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I'd get unemotional with him, and clearly repeat the conditions by which he will be able to live with you after hs graduation and age 18. Yuck. Good thing he's 17. He needs help, so I'm glad you're in therapy, but he also needs to understand what life costs, what jobs pay, and the conditions for living with you once he's of age. He's acting like he has endless days of tiresome bickering with you ahead of him. He doesn't. Make sure he knows that (and get to a mental place where you can follow through).

momof2boyz21
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I am trying everything I can. Like this morning I left for like and hour and a half and while I was gone I recorded him and when I brought up what he did he still denid it and then started with his attitude so I told him that if he keeps his s--t up that he is going to have a very lonely summer cause I am not putting uo with it.But all he does is give the evil looks and then starts snapping saying I can't believe that you are recording me. I told him that I do it because he has completely lost my trust and he has to earn that back.

Tammy

CafeMom Tickers
sunflowers12
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Step back... Give him space stop reacting to his behavoir that's why he is doing it... Not sure why he is seeing a therapists sometimes they don't have the answers just the p.c way of handleing a young person with issuse... If you want to be in his world you going to have to connect another way not all this I am the adult and you are the kid what I say goes... He will shut you down n out meet him on an even playing field as equals... A little respect goes a long way I have found... Also just cause he is 17 doesn't mean he is all mature the noises and behaviors are just his way of expressing him self in a none verb, manner... Kids just simply deal with life differently them we do... Unfortunately we have made the teenager not that long ago your son would be considered a man and be working the field or other hard laboring work this is what the kids of today need more then anything a good ol fashion hard work out... Work them little suckers out consider taking him to a gym to get some stress relief... This is what I would do in this situation but you may feel different its up to you..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN