Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Yearbook Mistake.....I am livid! Update! 6/14/12...Picture in replies, too!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 25 Replies

My son just graduated.  His senior picture is not in the yearbook!  They used his student body card pic!     Senior pictures and quotes must be turned in by December, or the yearbook staff will use the student body card picture.      To meet the deadline, we had his senior pictures done in September.  I sent the jpeg picture to the yearbook advisor via email, as requested, in October.   I asked the advisor, in the email, to respond back to tell me if the chosen picture met the proper requirements.  He responded...everything was good.   I called in December to verify.

I paid for professional pictures, I paid $75 for the stupid yearbook.....I emailed the advisor, including the previous email with the jpeg, to ask what the heck happened and what could be done about it.    He called and left a message apologizing.  He admits it was an oversight on his part and said he would have a sticker of the picture made at Kinko's so we can stick it over his picture in his yearbook.  WTH?   I am so pissed!   The senior pages are full of beautiful professional portraits...then there is this awful snapshot of him.

What do I do???

Update:

I spoke to the advisor.  I requested the page be reprinted and distributed with the supplements next Fall.  That is not feasible.  Sooo..the advisor is having a dozen stickers made for my son to pass out to his closest friends...AND his senior picture, along with a picture of him in his cap and gown holding his certificate of acceptance into College will be printed as a supplement, along with a special mention by the advisor.   It is the best that can be done.

This is the first year that yearbooks have been passed out in the Spring. (naturally, lucky me) Supplemental pages including pics of Senior Prom, Senior Breakfast, and Senior most likely too...will be distributed next fall.   Before, the yearbooks were handed out in the fall of the next year.

Thank you all!

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I am so sorry.It is so irritating

.At my school the thing to do my year was to have profesional casual style shots plus we had a quote ,a type of history and favorites and maybe friend quotes about youWe each had a page.I had my packet prepared ,spent time on my quote and all the rest..I went to camp for 6 weeks came back and it had been sent to press.My packet got lost in the shipping.They used a picture I didn't like , a quote off a poster I had given a friend and fortunately they got the rest correct.Ugh there is nothing you can do.It just sucks and you have a lot of my sympathy.

I would expect the yearbook budget to re-emburse you for the 75 and the cost of that picture.I know with photo fees around here that is just a drop but it is the least they can do.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this
My kids dont even get year books till the followin year. I would ask for a refund and then in ten years think back on it and have a good laugh :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:38 AM
2 moms liked this

badI would be ticked too! Ugh, so sorry.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I would be ticked too. I agree with the others who suggested asking for a refund on the yearbook. It's great that the advisor apologized but it doesn't do much good especially since you did everything according to there protocol and the advisor verified that everything was good to go.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Wow, ours have to be turned in or they are not in there at all.  We don't get yearbooks till early August here thought.  We have to turn in apic or they are not in there at all.  There are human errors in every yearbook though every single year. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I would also ask for a refund, and I would ask if they are going to supply extra photo stickers so that he can give them to some of his friends too.

The whole situation does stink. I'm sorry.

02nana07
by Ida on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I would be pissed and demand a refund for the yearbook since it was a mistake in all the yearbooks not just your sons.

While a sticker will stand out in your sons and not look as it should and will eventually fade it wouldn't satisfy me. 

I  would ask him to have my son a new yearbook printed at his expense since he made the mistake he should take responsibility for it.   If a special pose and size had to be taken for the yearbook he would paying for that also.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Oh man.  Other than demanding they pay for the yearbook and photographer fees it still won't take away that last momento of senior year.  My question is how is your son handling it?  Is he as upset as you are or is he more laid back?

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Have you decided how to handle this with the advisor yet?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

This is why I like fall yearbooks.  They have everything in them not a supplement that will likely get lost through the years.   .  My girls school hands them out in August.  Mine were always handing them out in August also. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)