Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do yall do anything special for Father's Day ?Tell us please.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 26 Replies

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:45 AM

We usually go eat.  This year dh is going to Europe for work so we won't be eating out.  Also dh and I are in Indiana for a wedding and the girls will be here. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

We don't normally plan anything. Usually if the weather is good, my husband likes to go fishing. But this year he won't be fishing because he made plans to help a friend paint their house.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

My cousin usually has a cookout at his house. Not sure if he's doing it this year or not~ haven't heard anything so I am assuming it's a no go this year. My husband works on Sundays so we won't be doing anything special.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM

If we're not camping, dh grills whatever he wants for dinner.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Not usually and this year the entire family is upset with my hubby, including me so he's probably going to get his present and then be done with the celebration.

02nana07
by Ida on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I usually get whatever he wants for dinner usually lasagna then he gets his gifts and we do whatever he wants all day.

drfink
by Emily on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

We usually go eat.  This year dh is going to Europe for work so we won't be eating out.  Also dh and I are in Indiana for a wedding and the girls will be here. 

You have mentioned him traveling earlier.Is he still doing that a lot ?My husband is flying to Qatar and Turkey a lot .Not for anything fun all work then home and back to the office.He is on notice to be ready with minimal notice till Sept-Oct.Hopefully contracts will be signed then.When potential clients call to work thing on contracts out he goes.Normally it is ok but we had to totally drop our vacation plans.Maybe at winter break we will go.

I am trying not to be irritated ,clearly failing...need wine.

drfink
by Emily on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Barabell:

We don't normally plan anything. Usually if the weather is good, my husband likes to go fishing. But this year he won't be fishing because he made plans to help a friend paint their house.

How nice of him !

drfink
by Emily on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

My cousin usually has a cookout at his house. Not sure if he's doing it this year or not~ haven't heard anything so I am assuming it's a no go this year. My husband works on Sundays so we won't be doing anything special.

Off topic but I love your avatar. My 21 y.o. daughter plans to be a crazy cat lady when she gets older ; )

I am going to show her your avatar.We have two cats she claims as hers.They live with us all year because she worries they would be neglected a bit at her apt off at college.We all love them so that is great but she announced she wants two more kittens ummm no .I am happy with TWO cats and TWO dogs.She is working on her cat  lady plan LOL

drfink
by Emily on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Not usually and this year the entire family is upset with my hubby, including me so he's probably going to get his present and then be done with the celebration.

Hey he is still getting a present. That is more than some get at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)