Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Hi I am new to this site but I was curious to how other moms with teens habdle the Sentence " I'm 18" from your kids that just turned 18.  I have an 18 yr old son and at first I heard it all the time, so I set a rule he is allowed to say it once a day and I told him to make it worth his while...it has worked so far. 

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

My rules, my house no matter what the age.  I have girls that are 21 and 18.  Don't like my rules, move out, lol. 

Grace1017
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I have said the same thing a couple times...

Rooobeee
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

My son just turned 18 this past March. I've yet to hear "I'm 18!" from him. However, I hear it often from DH. Since DH was more independant at 18 than I was, anytime I try to help DS with certain things that my own mom helped me with, DH will always respond with "He's 18!" Of course, if DS ever came out with "I'm 18!", then my response would be, "And you're lucky I let you live that long."

pampire
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM

"Congratualtions on getting there all by yourself.  Want to try for 19?"

Grace1017
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

LOL I just said that last night. 

Quoting pampire:

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest turned 18 in 2008.   Every time he mentioned it, I reminded him he needed to vote! I also reminded him he had to sign up for selective service and was old enought to get drafted.

My youngest turned 18 in November....he reminded me almost daily.   I told him he was still in high school and living in our house, therefore, my house, my rules.    Yep, he is a stubborn, proud, independent guy....and he moved out!      He just returned home, after being on his own for 6 months.

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I hear it all the time...18 is only a number and I tell them sense you are a man now move out so you can pay your own bills...Lol they know they can't take care of themselves.

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

My oldest turned 18 in 2008.   Every time he mentioned it, I reminded him he needed to vote! I also reminded him he had to sign up for selective service and was old enought to get drafted.

My youngest turned 18 in November....he reminded me almost daily.   I told him he was still in high school and living in our house, therefore, my house, my rules.    Yep, he is a stubborn, proud, independent guy....and he moved out!      He just returned home, after being on his own for 6 months.

Lol that's what I do.

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Quoting pampire:

I love it!

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

My rules, my house no matter what the age.  I have girls that are 21 and 18.  Don't like my rules, move out, lol. 

I like the move out and I use it a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)