Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Anyone else see the problem?

Posted by   + Show Post

TP roll

Why can't the other members of my household see that this needs changing? Hub has a masters degree, son 13 in nerd middle school and daughter 11 going on 40 ALL seem to not see the problem or better yet how to fix it. GRRRRR!!

UPDATE: Thanks ladies for sharing my frustration. Glad to know I am not the only mom who goes NUTS over this. And for those ladies who thought it was a stupid post, it made some moms laugh which makes me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Replies (111-120):
sandykmac
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

You might want to just carry your own roll with you.  Maybe when one of them needs to use the paper, they'll see what you go through.

dlane12152007
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

i hate when they leave it like that and just stack a new roll on top instead of changing it out!

Chelsey191
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

lol, here is a quick fix next time they do it, take it and put it in the hall closet, so they are sitting there with nothing to wipe and when they call for more tp ask them, if they put more on the holder, when they say no, say sorry I cant find it either, I looked where it belonged earlier but it was no where in sight. Wait a few then give it to them. They will grow tired of being stranded on the can. lol.

TCain0001
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I told hubby I'm hanging a sign over the roll:

1) If it's empty, replace it.

2) If there's none under the sink to replace it, walk your butt to the hall closet and grab a pack for under the sink!

I seem to be the one getting caught with no paper in there lately, because everyone else in the house is too lazy to bend over and grab a roll from under the bathroom sink, which is RIGHT NEXT TO the toile!

sammiesmom2000
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I have the same problem in my house and someone is always yelling that they need toilet paper, one of these days I swear I'm going to leave them stuck then maybe they will learn.
cats911
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

My husband is considerate.  He sits down so he doesn't splash pee all over the toilet or the wall.  He did not like the idea of splatter of pee on things, and I did not like to have to clean the walls and the toilet just because SOMEONE COULD STAND AND PEE! 

We taught our son to do the same, and my daughter in law  LOVES us for it.  They do not have to stand and pee everywhere just because they can!  I would make my son clean it up, if he peed on the toilet and he did not like to do it either, like I did not.  So, then, no problem.

Quoting kirstina:

I would just be happy if they could figure out how to wipe the seat when they pee on it.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Eh, I get upset over bigger issues. It takes 3 seconds to change. Both men (husband and son) are trained to put the seat down, I'm content

ncoates04
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I'm not sure what irritates me more.....the hanging empty roll or the emty roll sitting on the coubter next to the new roll.

We even have a waste basket in the bathroom, yet no one can use it...they leave the emty roll on the sibk and let them pike up....i let it go to 4 rolls before I broke down and yelled at ddh and ds
Marranna777
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

*Sigh* I Feel Ya Girl :)

Ashley7411
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM

dont feel bad i have like 6 people in my house that could change it and NO ONE but ME changes it. ive left the empty roll on there to see if someone would change it and they dont, all they do is set the new roll on the counter. which makes me mad because if they are sitting right there next to it why cant they take 3 seconds to change it i mean its not that hard they dont even have to get up. so i understand what your saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)