Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

where are u from

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:13 AM
  • 45 Replies
I don't know how to set up my profile or even check other ppl's profile yet. I'm a newbie. I'm from Texas with a 15 year old daughter (soon this month) a 14 year old son and a almost 7 year old son! My middle son is very troubled and causes trouble while my almost 7 is trying to be just like him. I'm here to get advice with different questions I have and offer advice on things I know. I wish to make this as special as my facebook page but with people I don't know who are going through like situations. So I'll start off with my first 2 questions. Where are you from and why are you here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkieRed
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome! I'm from Cleveland, and have a 14 year old daughter, and 9 year old son.

My daughter has some special needs - learning disability, ADD, and an anxiety disorder. It's nice when I occasionally "meet" other moms on here who have kids with special needs. I love my daughter just the way she is, but have to admit that sometimes it can be hard reading posts from all the other moms who have "perfect" kids - the ones that get straight A's, are in all honors/AP classes, are star athletes, etc. It's hard to feel like I "fit in" here when I read that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kir427
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi,

I am from Atlanta.  I have 2 kids - a daughter 17 and a son 15 and am divorced.

My daughter is gay and my son is bi-polar and has severe ADHD. 

Sometimes I just need to vent, ask questions and read other posts - just to know that I'm not the only one out there with issues.

LauraFlarida
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting PinkieRed:

Welcome! I'm from Cleveland, and have a 14 year old daughter, and 9 year old son.

My daughter has some special needs - learning disability, ADD, and an anxiety disorder. It's nice when I occasionally "meet" other moms on here who have kids with special needs. I love my daughter just the way she is, but have to admit that sometimes it can be hard reading posts from all the other moms who have "perfect" kids - the ones that get straight A's, are in all honors/AP classes, are star athletes, etc. It's hard to feel like I "fit in" here when I read that.

Nice to meet you! Well we will fit together. I love my son as well. From the time he was 2 he has had anger/bipolar actions, considered adhd/odd. Its a very hard life as a parent. I'm only here to be around moms much like yourself. I'd like to hear what works for them and try my hardest to fix what I can in this very broken relationship with my 14 y/o son. If I can help with what I've been through I will. Nice to meet you!!!
PhoebemomofBRDM
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi! I'm from VA, and my kids are 19, 12, 10, and 9. And I'm here because of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraFlarida
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Ugh!! God bless you!! These adhd kids are rough!! God knows I'd jump in front of a bus for him as you would yours. Its just a job you never knew you'd have!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I'm from PA. My kids are 18, 10 and 7. I have been a member of CM for many years, I first joined for something to do. I am in this group b/c I have a teen and like to give and get info about issues moms with teens face/deal with.

Welcome to the group~

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PinkieRed:

...but have to admit that sometimes it can be hard reading posts from all the other moms who have "perfect" kids - the ones that get straight A's, are in all honors/AP classes, are star athletes, etc. It's hard to feel like I "fit in" here when I read that.

I'm with you in that respect Pinkie. Our dd's sound very similar and I know we've discussed it. It is hard for me to feel like I fit in with the perfect moms whose kids would never... I consider them lucky to not have had to deal with a child whose anxiety made them so physically ill they couldn't leave the house. But I am a good mom, as are you and we do right by our children too.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Welcome. I'm in VA and I'm here cause I have teens!  LOL.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Hi I am Jennifer a mom to 8.

I live in Idaho, but hail from California.

I'm here because I have teens and it can be refreshing to get opinions that may be different then my own.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I live in Wisconsin.  I am from Indianapolis.  I have moved 9 times in 27 years of marriage with transfers with dh's job.  I have 2 girls ages 21 and 18.  I have been on this board for almost 5 years now as well as many other board on cafemom.  I have lived in Atlanta, Cleveland, Rome GA, Chapel Hill, NC, Greenville, SC, Syracuse, NY, Albany, NY, and Florence Italy before.  Its a great board here whether your teens are great kids or have issues and to vent or ask questions.  With Mom's of all age kids someone has been through what you are experiencing.   

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN