Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
I don't know how to set up my profile or even check other ppl's profile yet. I'm a newbie. I'm from Texas with a 15 year old daughter (soon this month) a 14 year old son and a almost 7 year old son! My middle son is very troubled and causes trouble while my almost 7 is trying to be just like him. I'm here to get advice with different questions I have and offer advice on things I know. I wish to make this as special as my facebook page but with people I don't know who are going through like situations. So I'll start off with my first 2 questions. Where are you from and why are you here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Welcome, my name is Jen, I have a DD age 14 and 2 boys ages 19 and 2. We live on the border of Idaho in WA state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manth
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Just to be different, I'm from South Australia!  I have two teen girls, 16 and 17.  Miss 17 is in her first year at University (just doing mid-year exams this week, in fact) and Miss 16 is in High School, year 11.  Both of my girls classified as Gifted which brings it's own slew of problems and issues - not taking anything away from those with learning disabilities or ADHD or Aspergers issues but just because a kid is smart doesn't make the raising easy!

LauraFlarida
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Wow!! Wonderful people. I'm excited to meet new people with like problems/blessings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I'm from southern california, and I have 2 daughters 27, and 18.  My oldest is married and has a daughter age 7.  She turned out great, but some of her teen years were really rough for me.  She was not the perfect all honors, straight A, do everything student.  Although she was smart and athletic.  If I had a $ for every time I heard that she worked below her potential.....  But I have the benefit of time, and maturation, and it all turned out o.k.  My youngest just finished high school and is going to U.C. Santa Cruz in the fall for college.  She was the easy, honor student, ASB pres, sports, debate, do everything kid.  But I didn't pressure her, she is just like that.  Two totally different kids, but that's o.k. 

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:54 AM

MI, 6 kids 3 boys and 3 girls of 5,13,17,19,20, & 26

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:08 AM
I was born and raised in OH, but currently live in NC. My DH is in the Army and we've lived many places over the past 20 years and may live a couple more before he retires. We have two kiddos: a 19yo DS, & a 16 yo DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I was born in Cleveland, moved to the Columbus area when I was 5 but spent much of my childhood visiting family who still lived (and still does live) in Cleveland.

Quoting PinkieRed:

Welcome! I'm from Cleveland, and have a 14 year old daughter, and 9 year old son.

My daughter has some special needs - learning disability, ADD, and an anxiety disorder. It's nice when I occasionally "meet" other moms on here who have kids with special needs. I love my daughter just the way she is, but have to admit that sometimes it can be hard reading posts from all the other moms who have "perfect" kids - the ones that get straight A's, are in all honors/AP classes, are star athletes, etc. It's hard to feel like I "fit in" here when I read that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheepy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Im from Florida,But i have no advice about your teens,since my kids are only babies.But i do hope things get better for you.Im here just to chat with other mama's and get advice if i need it. :)

Sucks For You.

beeky
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I'm originally from England but now live in Ontario, Canada.

I'm here because I have two teenage daughters aged 19 and 15.

Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Welcome!! I am from New York with two daughters who don't qualify (soon to be 26 and 24) and a son, who does (soon to be 16)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN