Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In your city or state what is the age range for your teens to stay home by themself .
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Replies (21-24):
justkeeplaughin
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:44 AM
in my state they offer a babysitting course starting at 11 thru the hospital and local Red Cross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting justkeeplaughin:

in my state they offer a babysitting course starting at 11 thru the hospital and local Red Cross.

They offer that class here for 11 or 12 year olds, and our community rec centers also offer a class called something like "home by myself" for 9 year olds and older.

justkeeplaughin
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM
I guess it all depends on how mature the child is. I still can't imagine my 11 year old watching someones kid. She has CPR and First Aid and she is a good with little kids. I just think she has to be a lot older in order to handle an emergency situation.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting justkeeplaughin:

They offer that class here for 11 or 12 year olds, and our community rec centers also offer a class called something like "home by myself" for 9 year olds and older.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

No age or suggested age in PA. Parents decide when their child(ren) are able to stay home alone.

I think that is about everywhere...I don't think you should leave any child a lone for long periods of time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)