Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Bullying BULL

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

There is a local school district with this on their website:

Definition of Bullying:

Bullying is when someone repeatedly, and on purpose, says or does mean or hurtful things to another person who has a hard time defending himself or herself. Bullying can take many forms, such as physical hitting, verbal harassment, spreading of false rumors, intentional social exclusion, and sending nasty messages on cell phones or over the Internet.

The site goes on to explain what they will do in cases of bullying. Here's the funny part - the PRINICIPAL of that district's middle school was one of the two meanest girls in my class! I took SO MUCH VERBAL ABUSE from her in middle school! Makes me wonder about other principals. Anyone else know a bully turned school administrator?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cege
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

No, but I'm sure bullies end up in all types of jobs.  I would hope that somebody's behavior as a preteen would not be an indication of who they are as an adult.  I had a mouth on me when I was younger but life has taught me many lessons.  I cringe to think that someone may be carrying a grudge against me for the way I behaved when I was 12 (not saying that I wouldn't deserve it, though).  Maybe the principal is a changed person, you never know.   Either way, I'm sorry you were bullied when you were younger. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM
People can change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM

No I don't however people do change.  You don't know what was going on at home with her when she was in school and she could have been just lashing out so people would notice her.  Even the prettiest ones can be like that.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:28 AM
No I don't and I'm glad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

No I don't and I'm glad.

Same here.

Whimsee
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Quoting cege:

I cringe to think that someone may be carrying a grudge against me for the way I behaved when I was 12 (not saying that I wouldn't deserve it, though).

When that bullying movie came out a few months ago, there were several letters to the editor from people who were in their 60's and 70's. They talked about being bullied as children or teens. I can assure you, the pain does not go away. I could list many of the things that were said to me in middle school, and it was more than 30 years ago.

My sister-in-law's best friend from childhood told me just a few years back that my husband used to pick on her. She teared up talking about it. I was in the wonderful position of being able to tell my husband he had to apolgize to her. (He didn't recall picking on her, but she could remember what he said to her decades before.) It meant a LOT to her to receive that apology.

I would LOVE to hear an apology from the people who bullied me. If you know the whereabouts of the people that you said mean things to, it would be one of the finest things you could do to send them a note of apology. Believe me -- THEY REMEMBER.

sunflowers12
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Yeah, when my oldest was still in school one of the staff had two dds n they were mean girls too.. one if her dds decided to try picking on my dd because she is very tiny for her age.. she may look small but anything but small the girl picked the wrong tiny girl to pick on that's all I can say.. then in 12 grade my dd n her were both going for queen and my dd won.. big drama!!
kerri1226
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM

well for one thing is for sure and i hate to say it  IT'S PAY BACK TIME FOR YOUR BULLY in which if your kid kind of gets picked on or ect office wise that's when you need to lay it on her and tell her that your mom now and don't take any kind of crap anymore that's just my opinion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN