Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

18 years old... and knows everything

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm new here, and I need to vent. My son is 18 years old, and thinks he knows everything. He just graduated highschool from a very prestigious college prep private school. But, actually he doesn't get his diploma b/c he failed a math class. And, until he passes this class he won't get his diploma, therefore, stalling his plans for college. Do you think he'd be rushing to get this done? No. he's going to the beach, hanging out with friends, and driving his girlfriend all over the place (he has his own car). When I bring it up he only gets angry with me, and says I'm pushing him. He currently has a part time job as a janitor at the movie theaters, and thinks that b/c he can now pay for his own stuff then thats fine. What he doesn't realise is that he can't stay in that job for ever. So, I said the hell with it he's going to find out the hard way when all his friends and girlfriend goes off to college at the end of summer and he will be left behind. I feel so frustrated and angry.
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Replies (21-22):
dobrd
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM

MIKALA76, I agree w/you as for'THE HELL WITH IT'!! There are times where our kids just need to fall flat on their face.. Just drop the subject.. It'll all come out soon enough.. Take Care, Donna....

mikala76
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Quoting dobrd:

MIKALA76, I agree w/you as for'THE HELL WITH IT'!! There are times where our kids just need to fall flat on their face.. Just drop the subject.. It'll all come out soon enough.. Take Care, Donna....

That'w exactly what I'm going to do. I confronted him a few days ago and told him that if he wasn't going to finish school then he would need to pay rent. He, of course, became defiant and said fine. Four hours later, with his tail between his legs, he said he would start his class on Monday. I was so relieved, but not stupid. I left it that, and haven't brought it up again. Come Monday evening if he hasn't started his class he's going to pay up and give me what ever he has saved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN