Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

16 year old chef!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

My son loves cooking and today is my bread baking for the farmer's market tomorrow.  He was up before me (I overslept) and was ready to go.  Last week he spent the day washing the dishes so he could watch and this week he is cutting up fruit and measuring everything out.  He's not ready to do it by himself and wants me to make sure he's doing it right, but wow, he's really becoming a little chef!

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Awesome. My 18 yo loves to cook. She may go to culinary school after getting a degree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

How awesome. What a great way to spend time together.

ddemarco
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM

My little sis loves to cook and bake.  She is the little chef there; making her own concoctions and everything.  And she does it herself!  She has been messing around in the kitchen for as long as my mom started letting her lol.  She was 17 in Feb.  She went to a little vocational deal (a coop program with the HS and the Technical College) for culinary arts and met her bf (sorry, fiance *eyeroll*) there.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

that's wonderful!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

That's awesome~

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM

That's good, never hurts to learn cook.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I've taught all three kids how to change a tire, check the oil and mow the lawn.  I've also taught them how to do their laundry, clean and cook.  Important that both sexes learn both things.

momofne
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Good for him!!!!!

Mom2NandJ
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
My son loves to cook too. He applying for the culinary program in his high school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM
This is so true, I never learned how to change a tire or check the oil growing up.

Quoting fantasticfour:

I've taught all three kids how to change a tire, check the oil and mow the lawn.  I've also taught them how to do their laundry, clean and cook.  Important that both sexes learn both things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN