Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Is this ok?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you just drop your 13-14 yo at the pool (ours is an aquatic center with a lazy river) if they haven't been actually invited by a fiend to show up at the pool?  I know she would know kids there but just feel a little uneasy about it but maybe it's no big deal???

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PinkieRed
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I don't think I'd be comfortable with it, particularly if she's not a strong swimmer. Even a good swimmer can drown, and lifeguards can't see everything at once. It's always safest to swim with a friend. Can she make arrangements specifically to meet up with a friend or friends before going to the pool?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM
If you can trust her. I would want them to be there with someone. Is there lifeguards?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my kid alone there.

DarlaHood
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Yes, providing she is responsble, can swim, will be with at least one friend, and there are life guards or other adults to supervise/help if needed.

momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Only when they have teen night

annie2244
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I would have no problem with it if my kid was a strong swimmer, knew she was going to be with a friend, and was going to be there for a set amount of time (like 3 hours).

PhoebemomofBRDM
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I would and have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I wouldn't be comfortable with it knowing how teenagers like to rough house and lifeguards are not babysitters.  Plus I'm very obsessive when the kids are around water I was the mother that had to be in the pool when the kids were when they were little I couldn't just sit on a chair and relax while they were in the water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN