Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

can you anonymously tip police off to a kid using pot?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 19 Replies

My 14 year old is still texting her friend whom her father and i do not like because he is manipulative and has a very strong hold on our daughter emotionally.  (We've tried to talk to her but it's no use)

I admit I do stalk her FB, Voicemail & txting and have even blocked his phone number from her cell phone but to no avail. 

I just found out that the kid smokes pot and I REALLY am concerned that my daughter will get into trouble being that she has been maintaining a friendship with him (at this point, I don't know who is stalking who).

Any thoughts?  Can I report it anonymously?

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annie2244
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Sure, I would figure out where they hang out to smoke and then call the police and ask them to please go at least break it up if not arrest (but perhaps at a time your kid is for sure not there).

I'd have no problem forbiding my kid from hanging with someone who smoked pot or had other problems (poor grades, poor attitude, anything illegal). My 16 y/o started hanging with the wrong crowd in 8th grade, grades and attitude plummeted. We put in her parochial school, she could pick which one, but going there wasn't a choice. A classmate of hers had to do the same thing, her parents even bribed her to go there. They are both back in public school now. The experience completely turned my kid around, she's hanging with her old grade school chums again who are all heading to college and in the hard classes and is a really good kid again. It worked about 70% for the other girl, but she's still loads better off than before.  I'd also surreptitiously put a gps tracer on her cell phone so you can monitor her whereabouts.

Mazie0723
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Here's some advice take her phone away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Horsechickmama
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Tried that already.  She used her friends phone instead. 

Cheribomb
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM
3 moms liked this

honestly i doubt the police will do anything about pot..just saying.  i doubt a 14yr old has much on him at any given time anyways.  most states its just a $100 fine.   also with teens, you can't really "banned" them from people....just doesn't work.   all you can do is give her the right tools to make the right decisions.  if she makes bad ones,then she will have to live with it.  why not make it so that she has to hang with him at your house?  i didn't like one of my dd's bfs, i just made it so he had to come to our hourse.  i was CONSTANLY talking to them etc...  he finally got sick of dealing with me & left my dd :)  

lnrmom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM

You can call, but the likliehood anything will be done is slim to none.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Quoting lnrmom:

That's my thought too.

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM

It probably won't do any good unless he is hgh or has some on him when they get there and he gives them a reason to search him

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quoting Horsechickmama:

Tried that already.  She used her friends phone instead. 

Why would you give her the phone back? Turn the texting off

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I agree

Quoting lnrmom:

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Since your CHILD is not following the rules that you, the PARENT have set, take the phone away and ground her. Remove all of the access to social networking from her and get her involved with some type of volunteer work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN