Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Canning time

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Ida
  • 15 Replies

James said his next project is to build cabinets in the dining room for my canned goods since I am running out of room and have stuff on the counters already and still have about 200 more jars to fill before I  am finished 

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Wow do you eat all of that?  That would go bad in my house 200 jars of food... I'd have to talk to a food bank or give it to family and friends.

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

wow just wow.

I had some great aunts that loved to can and had a huge garden.The funny part was they /we never ate fresh because they wanted to eat up the canned so they could can more.Fresh sliced tomatoes were the only thing we ate fresh out of the garden.When we would help they would send us home with a couple of jars of produce but never of the fresh we harvested ...LOL

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Besides the beans what do you have in there.

johnsmama98
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Good for you. Home canned tastes so much better than commercially canned. My mother always canned every summer,

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Wow~ looks good.

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM

It won't last all winter and I will have over twice that much when I am finished LOL we like to eat

Quoting fantasticfour:

Wow do you eat all of that?  That would go bad in my house 200 jars of food... I'd have to talk to a food bank or give it to family and friends.

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I always pick enough extra fresh to eat for dinner no matter what I am canning because there is nothing like fresh. 

Quoting drfink:

wow just wow.

I had some great aunts that loved to can and had a huge garden.The funny part was they /we never ate fresh because they wanted to eat up the canned so they could can more.Fresh sliced tomatoes were the only thing we ate fresh out of the garden.When we would help they would send us home with a couple of jars of produce but never of the fresh we harvested ...LOL

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

garlic, dill, and sqaush pickles, okra, a few jars of salsa, pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, apple, pear, grape and strawberry jam, and peppers.

Quoting drfink:

Besides the beans what do you have in there.

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I love canning and enjoy knowing it helps on the grocery bill in the winter

Quoting johnsmama98:

Good for you. Home canned tastes so much better than commercially canned. My mother always canned every summer,

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

THANKS

Quoting mumsy2three:

Wow~ looks good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN