Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What did you do for the 4th

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Ida
  • 20 Replies

I painted my swing with the free paint I got yesterday, tore the tub surround off the tub so we can put tile around it in the next few days, picked beans, cucumbers, and tomatoes from the garden, the boys are cutting the grass then I will fix dinner and start canning green beans and will be making a peach cobbler while they process.  

mowing the lawn july 4th

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mt0130
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's see thougt we were going to do something as a family today but here I sit still by myself. My husband was going into work this morning for a few hours, still there. My son was going over a friends house for a few hours, still there. I got tired of waiting to do something so I took myself to the mall and bought myself a few things. Will cook on the grill if anyone ever comes home!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
2 of DH's 3 sisters came to town yesterday to visit us for the week. Today we went shopping for somethings, had a good steak dinner on the grill, and are now on our way to the Army post for fireworks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof31995
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

moonshine

I'm going to dive into this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pebbles6382
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

worked today til 530. Had a couple slices of cold pizza

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I worked this morning (double time :)....came home and had a nap :).    Dh is grilling steaks for dinner...we are just hanging out.   We didn't make any plans this year.    Our sons had other plans for the 4th...but they are still home!   They are hanging out together.....and I kinda think they are blowing off their "other plans" ..  if they are still around after dark, we will just sit on the deck and watch the fireworks in the sky.

DarlaHood
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Still fighting pneumonia, so not up to going out.  DH ran to the hardware store, and came back with filet mignon, corn on the cob (which is awesome and sweet right now), asparagus and broccoli to cook me a nice dinner. :) DD, 18 is BBQ'ing friends, so we are practicing the empty nesting that will be our life in Sept.  Life is good!

wagners7
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Didn't do anything special during the day, but later went to the Pentagon to watch the fireworks over The Capitol in DC.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Went on our boat. Then we docked and watched fireworks from the boat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
We helped host a neighborhood block party and set off fireworks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Wow, very cool!

Quoting wagners7:

Didn't do anything special during the day, but later went to the Pentagon to watch the fireworks over The Capitol in DC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)