Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

teenage boys

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

HI  I HAVE A TEENAGE BOY AND HE IS A HANDFUL WILL NOT FOLLOW ANY RULES THAT I HAVE FOR HIM HERE AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO. 

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shea1967
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Take away EVERYTHING he has that means something to him. Make him earn them back. Ex - cell phone, computer, video games, tv, door to his room and so. Time for tough love mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexiyesi
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this
In addition to taking away his things definitely talk to him and tell him that he is privileged to have so much in his life. If he wants privileges back then chores and other responsibilities are a must do in the house. Along with respect, honesty, and politeness towards you and whoever else is in the house. It will be tough but don't let it continue a second longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudBusyMommy
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Talk to him and explain that every time he does not follow a rule @ home you are going to take something away. THEN DO IT! I would start with phone, video games, computer, and so on just as mentioned before me. If it comes down to taking the door off, do it. Mean what you say and do it. Then when he starts following the rules again for a week gradually give him back 1 thing at a time.

good luck

sunflowers12
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Just start taking stuff away.. stop buying stuff make it supper boring don't take him anywhere... When he starts getting it he can have his stuff back n go places again..
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Take away his privileges and fun until he learns to act respectfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I totally agree with this.

Quoting ProudBusyMommy:

Talk to him and explain that every time he does not follow a rule @ home you are going to take something away. THEN DO IT! I would start with phone, video games, computer, and so on just as mentioned before me. If it comes down to taking the door off, do it. Mean what you say and do it. Then when he starts following the rules again for a week gradually give him back 1 thing at a time.

good luck

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Exactly!

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

This is what we do if our son starts to break rules and act irresponsibly.

dobrd
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Angetita1978, I feel it would be best to remind yourself that 'YOU' are the parent.. He can't know you better than you do.. Back. up what you say. Ours tried this crap.. If not home when told, doors were locked, shit out of luck.. He needs to take you seriously.. If you don't, he won't either.. He doesn't respect you either.. Take it back.. Take Care, Donna....

dee279
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I have that problem too with my 16 yr old step son also .i unstabd how you feel his mom dead so I'm the mom figure can be very fustrating And not owning up to things .i give him chores sometimes take things away or no allowance but I give a chance earn back his allowance taking a way computer and games help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)