Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

The FBI raided the house right across the street.

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 17 Replies

The man across the street is about 60, 65 years old, I know it wasn't drugs because there were no dogs and they did not rip his house apart and they weren't  the drug task force. There were about 20 people with FBI vest on....I don't really know him becasue he moved in right before the winter and he minds his own, they didn't remove anything from the house and the only thing I know about him is he has cancer. Not knowing is not good so now I am afraid, I mean a whole lot of things are going though my mind at this point...The raid was pretty scary. Time to move...but then again they took him away in a gold car so I really don't know what to think.

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Scary.  I hope you find out what's going on.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Scary.  I hope you find out what's going on.

I about crapped my pants when Marty woke me up in the wee hours saying there was FBI surrounding the mans house across the street. I hope I find out!

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM

A lawyer that lived here was raided.It was something to see.Turns out he was the mastermind of several burglary crews.His wife and daughter lived here and they all seemed normal .Active at school and all the rest.The wife tried to claim no knowledge but they had used a bedroom and their garage apt as storage.No one has that many T.V.s ,computers ,laptops ,etc.She said she thought he bought them on Craigslist and Ebay and resold them...maybe but that much and jewelry too.She was convicted also.

Poor daughter.

DarlaHood
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

it could be anything.  Moving probably isn't the answer.  Besides, what are the odds of it happening again now that it's happened in your neighborhood.  I would ask the authorities for information.  We started a neighborhood watch, and invited our local police department to our meeting to speak with everyone.  They are glad to come out and help.  The officers that came to my house solved a mystery about an FBI raid that happened a block over from us.  Turns out the house was seized because they were counterfeiting money their.  But the rest of our neighborhood is good and very quiet.  That house will eventually go up for auction, but it has been vacant and the neighbors all take turns watering and mowing so it's not an eyesore.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Wow, update when you know anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

This. That has to be freaky.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Quoting drfink:

A lawyer that lived here was raided.It was something to see.Turns out he was the mastermind of several burglary crews.His wife and daughter lived here and they all seemed normal .Active at school and all the rest.The wife tried to claim no knowledge but they had used a bedroom and their garage apt as storage.No one has that many T.V.s ,computers ,laptops ,etc.She said she thought he bought them on Craigslist and Ebay and resold them...maybe but that much and jewelry too.She was convicted also.

Poor daughter.

What channel 7 news said was that they busted several motorcycle members and got like 80 guns, 40 rounds, 20 meth labs...I just don't know...I seen traffic there but nothing that alarmed me and they would have BBQ's with maybe 6, 7 bikers nothing big, I mean we just didn't have any trouble with him at all, he didn't brother anyone. All I know is there was about 20 FBI out there and it had to be something big. I don't like it at all, It was really strange last night because there where some of his friends sitting on the porch just staring at all of us as we walked back in forth from the neighbors, I have never seen a raid before and I don't want to see it again. This is a small town and it seems to be going to hell, I grew up here and I felt very safe I just don't know what to think.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

This. That has to be freaky.

It was freaky! "I did not care to much for it", I have never seen anything like it "the FBI in bullet prof vest" It was a nightmare.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quoting DarlaHood:

it could be anything.  Moving probably isn't the answer.  Besides, what are the odds of it happening again now that it's happened in your neighborhood.  I would ask the authorities for information.  We started a neighborhood watch, and invited our local police department to our meeting to speak with everyone.  They are glad to come out and help.  The officers that came to my house solved a mystery about an FBI raid that happened a block over from us.  Turns out the house was seized because they were counterfeiting money their.  But the rest of our neighborhood is good and very quiet.  That house will eventually go up for auction, but it has been vacant and the neighbors all take turns watering and mowing so it's not an eyesore.

A few years back the FBI bust 16 people and for what the news said he was one of them a long with a few more, so I am assuming that it is related to that, but what is so strange is there is not to much being reported on it, maybe because it was the FBI and the neighbor behind us was saying the National Guard had 4 people on the ground and had guns on them right down the road from us yesterday about the same time as this one was going down, I guess 41 people were arrested and it was related to this bust...I just don't understand because we never heard or seen anything out of the ordinary from his house he was always there, all I knew was that he had cancer and he was very sick. We have a very good a quiet neighborhood on my my side of the street, we have neighborhood BBQ's almost every weekend,...All I know is I don't like it one bit and I am a little scared.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Wow, that would be very scary to witness.  Update us when you know anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN