I got my results from my gyno exams from my dr and I ask for a written copy for my records in case the office closes I like to have one on hand if I need it.
On the phone she said everything was good well I got the written report it says clinacal correlation is reccommended so I called and she said an ultra sound is what was suggested but she figured give it a year and then do one if it comes back the same.
OK I let her have it I told her why wait a year and if it is precancer or cancer let it grow for that amount of time it should be my choice not hers. She said well most women don't want to do it because it last about 15 minutes and is uncomfortable. Cancer runs in my family and I am tough enough to take 15 minutes of discomfort rather than worry for a year or even worse deal with cancer a year from now. I always get a copy of written reports and am glad I got this one I will be getting the ultra sound in about a week.
I can't believe a dr would make a decision that could be life threatening without giving the patient an option especially since she told me I didn't have to come back for 3 years. If I hadn't asked for the report she wouldn't have given me the option of coming back in a year and thinking everything was normal would have waited 3 like I was told. The reason she gave was about 80% of the time it is nothing in women over 40 just wondering what about the other 20% that is why it should be the patient who makes the decision since they have to live with it.
I am posting this so others might want to check the reports instead of taking the drs word for it.