Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM
  • 17 Replies

Before I lose my damn mind, ds is 14 and dd will be 17 on the 26th, Every time dd wants to go somewhere ds throws a damn fit about wanting to go, EVERY TIME !!! dd and her friends wanted to go to the rodeo, they let him go, they go ride horses he wants to go they usually let him, today dd went to help her friend move onto a college campus, he kept saying well I'm going I said Ur gonna stay home he kept saying how unfair it is she gets to do everything and he told me YOU ARE TAKING ME OVER THERE SO GET IN THE CAR AND LETS GO !!! I haven't even told him that dd is going to the lake this weekend with friends to celebrate her b-day cause i know he will throw a fit thinking he is entitled to go.. NO he will not go she deserves to go with her friends..  How the hell do I get this through his thick ass skull he does not go everytime she goes.. Next I guess if she has to take a shit he is going to want to go there to so he can take on..

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkieRed
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this
At 14, he's plenty old enough to understand he can't tag along everywhere with his sister.

My kids are 9 and 14, and my 14 year old daughter does things with friends or her same age girl cousin, or Girl Scouts, etc, without my son coming along. He really has no interest in doing anything with her anyway, given how far apart in age they are.

Does your son have his own friends or activities? If not, maybe you need to encourage or help him find friends to hang out with or things to do while his sister is busy. It's possible he's just lonely.

In the meantime, I would just leave him at home when you drop his sister off at things, and let him whine about it. I'm sure his sister needs her space, and time to do things with friends without her little brother constantly hanging around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
He's definitely old enough to 1) know he doesn't get to do everything his sister does 2) have his own friends and activities.

The way he is talking to you is totally rude and disrespectful. Ordering you to get in the car? OH HELL NO! He needs to be punished for coping an attitude and being disrespectful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofhnd
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I ask him if he wants to go to the pool and hang with friends and he says no.. but as soon as dd and her friends make plans he says going not even ask if he can go.I'm sure he gets lonely but also it's not dd s fault he won't go hang with his friends..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkieRed
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Well, then I'd just leave him at home then.

Your daughter sounds like a good sister, including him in things, but she's at an age where she needs time with her friends alone, too.

Quoting momofhnd:

I ask him if he wants to go to the pool and hang with friends and he says no.. but as soon as dd and her friends make plans he says going not even ask if he can go.I'm sure he gets lonely but also it's not dd s fault he won't go hang with his friends..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
umm.yeah
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Maybe he has a crush on one of her friends.  Not sying he is right, just throwing it out there as a possibility.  He is definitly old enough to know that he can't always hang with her.  Another way to look at it, does he have a hard time meeting friends or have confidence issues?  My DS is 13 and he does not have many friends.  He often wants to hang out with DD (11) and her friends.  We know it is because he doesn't have many friends and has a hard time making friends with kids his age.  The girls do let him hang with them sometimes because they understand his issues. 

sunflowers12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Just like your telling us!! no your not going no your not hanging out with you sis, you can sit in the car all dam day your not going anywhere buddy... "Unfair"go on you tube n find some vids about thrid world contries where kids are dieing n buck naked n sick.. with no parents... remember momma your older them him your boss not him you dont jump when he says to.. there's nothing wrong with wanting to do something but its all in the delivery!! But hope it works out for ya:) just gotta get tough sometimes!!
FindersKeepers
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Maybe he has a crush on one of your DD's friends? 

He should not get to go every time and he should not be speaking to you so disrespectfully.   You need to nip it in the bud now. 

Quoting momofhnd:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM

This is what I was going to say~

It sounds like he has a reason for wanting to hang out with his sister and her friends rather than his own friends. If he demands to go anywhere with his sister and her friends, I would put my foot down and say nope, not happening.

I don't have this issue exactly but I have elementary aged sons that are close in age. My youngest wants to hang out with his older brother and his friends all the time.My youngest has a couple of good  friends too but he likes hanging out with his brother more than his friends at this point.

Quoting umm.yeah:

Maybe he has a crush on one of her friends.  Not sying he is right, just throwing it out there as a possibility.  He is definitly old enough to know that he can't always hang with her.  Another way to look at it, does he have a hard time meeting friends or have confidence issues?  My DS is 13 and he does not have many friends.  He often wants to hang out with DD (11) and her friends.  We know it is because he doesn't have many friends and has a hard time making friends with kids his age.  The girls do let him hang with them sometimes because they understand his issues. 

momofhnd
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM

well he could like the girl, dd only hangs out with her best girl friend and best guy friend which is the girls bf, and then her bf.. so he will always be the 5th wheel..

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I went threw that with all my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)