Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Bought my 15 year dd a strapless swimsuit

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 35 Replies
It's her first one. And yes, she does have enough to hold it up. Opinions on this?
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I got my dd some because she didn't want lines in her prom dresses and we were on spring break right before. If they are covered its covering as much as with straps. People make too much of bathing suits I say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Not appropriate to wear out in public. If you have a home pool and want to tan, fine.

Kids...yes...15 is still a kid...are way to sexualised. It also doesn't stay on well if they are playing around and being kids as they should.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont see anything wrong with strapless bathing suits at all.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I dont see anything wrong with strapless bathing suits at all.

I am with you, I actually think they are cute.

FindersKeepers
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM

The strapless bathing suits actually cover more than a lot of bikini tops because they are a ban-do type design with the straight line across the top of cleavage instead of two triangles with a gap in between.    They also come with a removable neck strap that can be put on if they are 'playing around', swimming or diving.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Not appropriate to wear out in public. If you have a home pool and want to tan, fine.

Kids...yes...15 is still a kid...are way to sexualised. It also doesn't stay on well if they are playing around and being kids as they should.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
That is what I was saying. Because there is no strap doesn't mean there is not coverage.

Quoting FindersKeepers:

The strapless bathing suits actually cover more than a lot of bikini tops because they are a ban-do type design with the straight line across the top of cleavage instead of two triangles with a gap in between.    They also come with a removable neck strap that can be put on if they are 'playing around', swimming or diving.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM
4 moms liked this
My problem with a strapless stems from the possibility of it falling down. If she going to actually be swimming, diving, or playing around there is the possibility of it falling down. Also teenage boys love to see if they can tug a strapless bathing suit down. If all she's going to be doing is sunbathing then I guess it's okay. Besides you are the one that has to be ok with it and not anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM
It's your kid, whatever floats your boat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Its the thought of the fact that it's designed to be removed easily. Gets the guys thinking....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Any type of bathingsuit gets a teen boy thinking...

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Its the thought of the fact that it's designed to be removed easily. Gets the guys thinking....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)