Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bought my 15 year dd a strapless swimsuit

Posted by   + Show Post
It's her first one. And yes, she does have enough to hold it up. Opinions on this?
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Replies (31-35):
startupscafe
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:23 AM

A bikini, strapless or not, is just like wearing your underwear out in public.  It is acceptable in society, however, it is not modest.  It is advertising their bodies for looks from men, young and old.

startupscafe
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:26 AM

You are not being over protective at all.  You are keeping your daughters respectable.  This is quite reasonable.

Jesus said that if any man looks at a woman with lust, commits adultery in his heart.  The girls wearing something to the equivalent of underwear out in public is going to cause some boys to look at her with lust.  It is advertising for men, old and young, to look at her nearly naked body.

Quoting ButterflyGenie:

I only have a son teen for now. But I do have two younger daughters who will wear tankinis or modest one pieces till 18. I don't want to give any teenage boy or pedo any ideas. I admit to being over protective.

boysmom5
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:02 AM
I have all boys ranging from 14 yr old twins to an 11 yr old. DH and I stress having respect for girls. We are always telling our boys to be respectful and not objectify girls. Value a girl for her personality and not her body. This would be easier to get across to them if so many teenage girls would stop prancing around the pool in suits that show off so much skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I really don't care if someone wears a strapless bathing suit, I have all the stuff to hold it up too, but it still comes down!

SissyAnn141
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting mrgetinold:

Well now you have gone and done it i am now jealous of a 15 yr old who can do what i cant hold up a strapless swimsuit! Lol

As long as you are with her, she is okay.

As long as she is a good girl.

SO, thoughts by "perverted  MEN/BOYS."

Should be HER FAULT ?

This is a "Public POOL" ????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)