Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you and your teens have the same taste in music?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 49 Replies

What do y'all listen to?  

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Some similar taste, but she has also has her own taste in music.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM

some of it. We like country, classic rock,southern rock and some pop rock. MY younger son likes some rap. I like some Gospel,easy listening, pretty much anything but Opera. DH is strictly classic rock.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I like some of what DD listens to but not all. She is 14 and has never really liked what I like...I graduated HS in 1990 so lots of U2 ect. DS 19 and I have more similar interests. He knows what I like and enjoy at least. If he finds a new song he thinks ill like he will post it on my fb wall. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaplus3
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Wow are you my twin?  that pretty much what I was going to say...  GMTL

we rock

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

some of it. We like country, classic rock,southern rock and some pop rock. MY younger son likes some rap. I like some Gospel,easy listening, pretty much anything but Opera. DH is strictly classic rock.

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM
We enjoy some country together. I also got him hooked on Meatloaf. Have all of his albums. The other music he listens to I really can't stand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:26 PM

We like some of the same stuff like John Lennon/Beatles to The Killers and Mumford and Sons.

She likes some music that I really don't care for like screamo, lol and I like some music she really doesn't care for like Bob Dylan and Stevie Nicks.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I listen to some songs they like. I hate rap though. 70s music is my favorite. Reminds me of middle and hs. I graduated in 1979.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:43 PM
For the most part we do. I listen to country mostly and both kids like it too. My DD also likes music from musicals. My DS also likes classic rock and music from animes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, as a family we all have similar taste. Although we run a little different. My favorite band is System of a Down, kids got me hooked on that one. But metal is the most popular along with punk (old school mainly) my other kids do some hip-hop and rap.

sunflowers12
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Well, I like a wide rang if music anything from the late 70s some 80s/90s hard rock but classics too.. my kids all like screamo I can liston for a while but then my ears need a break!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)