Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

supply lists

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 26 Replies
Ok i have a 12 grader and a 6 th grader, i just went and got the 6th graders list as the 12 th grader brings home seperate list for each of her 7 classes through the first two weeks of school! His school asks for extra things for middle school which i try to ick up too! This year there is a flash drive stick 8g for ten, colored copy paper 12.00 on sale and i had a coupon for along with a age and a half of other supplys! Plus gym clothes and a band instrument, books for band, and on registration a tech fee, book fee and pictures omg anyone else in pre school daze fee hell?
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Mine are graduated but for hs I would spend over $500 to register which included parking pass, sports fee, activity fee, then class and book fees. That was per kid. Then had to buy supplies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Lucky you, I had to get flash drives for 3 kids, plus every class wants 3" binders (I can buy 3 1" binders for less than a 1/3rd cost of 1 3") and a ton more.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Mine are graduated...and in college.   Just wait!   College costs will make you wish they were back in HS.  LoL.         I remember when my oldest needed a fancy calculator for high school...$100!   By the time my youngest needed one, the cost was $140.       By the time your youngest gets to HS, they will probably require I Pads!

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Lucky you, I had to get flash drives for 3 kids, plus every class wants 3" binders (I can buy 3 1" binders for less than a 1/3rd cost of 1 3") and a ton more.

Do you go to Costco.Last year ,haven't checked for this year ,they had excellent prices on those stupid huge binders and with multiple kids it worked well.

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Mine are graduated...and in college.   Just wait!   College costs will make you wish they were back in HS.  LoL.         I remember when my oldest needed a fancy calculator for high school...$100!   By the time my youngest needed one, the cost was $140.       By the time your youngest gets to HS, they will probably require I Pads!

TRUTH !!!!!!!! sigh...

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I don't have a costco near me, but I do have a sams club and still prices were high

Quoting drfink:

Quoting fantasticfour:

Do you go to Costco.Last year ,haven't checked for this year ,they had excellent prices on those stupid huge binders and with multiple kids it worked well.

PinkieRed
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:27 PM
That always surprises me when I hear about public schools charging fees. Sports fees, of course, I understand that, but it surprises me that some public schools charge registration fees or fees for certain classes.

Quoting atlmom2:

Mine are graduated but for hs I would spend over $500 to register which included parking pass, sports fee, activity fee, then class and book fees. That was per kid. Then had to buy supplies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkieRed
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I don't know if it would help you, but Staples is offering $2 off the price of any new binder, if you bring in any old binder for recycling. I saw it on their website. It doesn't say anything about when the offer ends.

My daughter needs 7 one inch binders for high school this fall, and I happen to have a ton of old binders at home from when I was in college, so I'm going to take them to Staples.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Have to wait til school starts for my 9th grader, but will have for sure a $40 athletics fee and $80 asb fee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My dd graduated this past June. At this point she isn't going to college. She is working.

My sons are in elementary school (going into 2nd and 5th) we have not had to buy much as far as school supplies goes, an occasional folder or pencil box. The district and PTO has always covered supplies through elementary school. Once they are in MS/HS we buy the supplies that are needed/required by the teacher of each class.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN