Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I just wanted to brag a little.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  I have been getting really bad with my anxiety lately.  I haven't been anywhere by myself in over a month and have been having to take my "as needed" meds more often than I like.  It's been pretty bad and I have been getting really frustrated over it.

Today I went to the Farmer's Market to sell my breads and jams like usual.  Hubby and the youngest went with me.  While I was there, the health inspector stopped by.  I was terrified.  With my anxiety, I already feel like I am being judged by everyone, and then this lady shows up TO judge me.  Needless to say I had another pill (it was time for me to take another anyways thank goodness).  She stopped by, talked to me about what she was looking for.  Everything was marked properly, she was pleasant to me, and explain that if I "claimed" it was sugar free, it wasn't good enough to mark it with just the ingredients, but I also had to put a nutritional label on it.  That's it.  I had no idea. 

My compeittion didn't fare as good as me.  She was selling things she wasn't allowed with out a license and inspection and got busted for it.  Not only that, but she didn't label ingredients or that she wasn't inspected.  She was given a written warning and made to sign an agreement that she wouldn't do it again or she would be fined.  The competition told the guy running the market (small market) that she was going to bring back the stuff and if she saw the lady coming back she would just hide it under the table.  Stupid, stupid woman.  The guy running it isn't going to let her back. 

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Replies (11-13):
MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:44 PM

That's great news!  I'm so glad it all went so well   : )

mrgetinold
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:50 PM
As a fellow anxiety mom with teens i also am very proud of you too! I hope dum dum dont bother coming back to the farmers market again! My big anxiety comes while driving ( over over passes and at lights) i havent went to the drs. Yet, i am trying passion flower drops for mine for now, but it helps to know i am not alone! Again very proud of u and hugs
emry10
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)