Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My day, just wanted to share.

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today we had ALOT of work.  Because of all the rain lately we haven't been able to mow the lawn in over a month.  Now the grass is knee high and thick and of course still wet halfway through.  So today I gathered a husband, 2 teens and a tween and informed them the lawn was going to get done today.  I gave them some incentive for doing it without fighting or moping but I didn't have a lot of hope riding on that because that never works.

So first thing we did was rake the excess grass from where I cut the front yard 2 days ago.  Then I weedeated the backyard (keep in mind it is about an acre with a push mower and nothing but hill).  Rake again.  Then we tried with the highest setting on the lawmower, SLOW going.  Rake again.  Do it over because alot of missed because the grass was laying on everything.  Rake again.  Mowed on the middle setting (the one we like), rake again.  Weeded the gardens, the rock beds (lots of them), tore down the old wooden swingset, redid the paver stones, laid out some more rock for drainage, power washed the back padio.

Missed lunch and finished about 4:30-5:00pm.  Started at 10am. 

Here's the kicker: No one complained, we all worked together, the yard looks AMAZING and everyone is happy!  Just fell into place today!

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PinkieRed
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
That's awesome!

We've had the exact opposite situation here in the Cleveland area. We've had an abnormally super hot and nearly rain free summer. It's very odd. It's rained so little that our grass pretty much stopped growing, and my husband has only had to mow the lawn twice all summer. Every lawn on our street including ours is just brown.

We could water it, but it's so dry we'd have to water it every day, and I don't want to run up our water bill right now. My elderly neighbor next door usually has a beautiful flower garden, but this heat and lack of rain ruined all of her flowers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM
That's awesome feels good to come together:) happy for your productive day..
02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM

That is awesome things are so much better when it is a group effort and everyone can be proud of the outcome :)

mowing the lawndancingthis is your happy dance now that it is fiinished

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:36 AM

We did our happy dance in the pool.  What a workout!  If you ever want an arobic workout, go to the pool and try to get on one of those pool floats while 3 kids and a husband are determined that you not get on it.  THAT is a challenge!  Tomorrow is cleaning house, nice deep clean and then back in the pool!

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:27 AM
I love having productive days, good for you guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Sounds like a wonderfully productive day! YAY for no fighting or complaining.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:16 AM

They say hard work really does pay off..I am glad your results paid out.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Quoting fammatthews4:

Sounds like a wonderfully productive day! YAY for no fighting or complaining.

Yes, I always hear I do everything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)